Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / 48 hour countdown
. 1 . 2 . >>
wakeslayer
# Posted: 9 Jan 2012 22:33

Will be at my cabin in 48 hours. Has been since early September since we were there.

Can. Not. Wait.
night_time_from_abov.jpg
night_time_from_abov.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Jan 2012 22:38

have fun @ camp----cool pic BTW!!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 9 Jan 2012 23:17 - Edited by: TomChum

I had a feeling you were going to have a countdown..... I know that feeling well. I don't know it from 1300 miles away, but.....Enjoy!

Montanan
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 01:10

Spectacular shot! Have a wonderful time.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 08:07 - Edited by: trollbridge

Oh my...I can imagine the excitement you must feel. It must be enormous!!! Have an incredible time!!! How long do you get to stay? Oh, and awesome picture!!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 10:24

Technically, my countdown was wrong. We fly out late Wed night, get into town at like 1AM, and we are going to stay in a motel til morning. Tough to get groceries and beer at that time of night. We will shoe up the mountain at first light Thursday.
It is just a quick hit with my daughters school and son's work schedule. We come home Monday night.
Then the 4 month countdown begins til me and the Mrs go in early May.

I long for the day that it is just a short drive...

Thanks all. Ready here..

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 10:59

Quoting: wakeslayer
I long for the day that it is just a short drive..

That will be nice won't it?!
How old are your children? I can relate to working around their schedules of work and school. It is a lot easier when they are younger. Our 17 year old daughter works every weekend and she doesn't drive (a little fearful after plowing into our propane tank on our snowmobile about 5 years ago...ever seen a propane tank turn into a torpedo? It's pretty scary!)so she needs rides and supervision too. Kinda hard to set up sometimes.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:30

It will. We want to end up about 150 miles south in the are of Moscow, ID, and Pullman, WA. Hoping a few short years away, but you never know.

My daughter is 17 and my son is 19. We are also taking Alyssa's boyfriend for the first time, and a friend that we ride with in the summer for her second trip. Gonna be a moutainfull of people this time.

Really? The tank ruptured? Scary.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:54

No, thankfully it didn't rupture, but we live on the side of a hill and the force from hitting it broke it free from the gas line and off it's concrete blocks and down the hill like a torpedo. I will never get the crash sound out of my head nor the fear afterwards while waiting for emergency workers to come. Luckily the only injuries were bruises and soreness and my husband was on the back of the sled as a passenger. He told her to brake and she hit the gas. I was on another sled behind them and saw the whole thing happen-like in slow motion. I can understand her fear of driving a car now.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 12:16

Wow.

My daughter hit our fire ring wide open on a small atv when she was like 5. Not exactly the same thing, but, I get it. Her driving skills and attention span have improved slightly over the years, but...
She has a year of safe driving under her belt now, but still. I worry.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 12:28

Quoting: wakeslayer
but still. I worry

I get that for sure!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 15:39

Word is they got 5-7" last night. Hope that keeps up.

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 16:15

Not too many more hours and you'll be on your way! Have a safe flight and a fantastic time!!!!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 17:08

Thank you !! T-minus 5 hours and counting DOWN.

See you all next week.

AYP1909
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 17:40

Wakeslayer:
The picture of your cabin in the snow is post-card-perfect.
Enjoy your stay.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 11 Jan 2012 18:35

Have a great time. Be careful.
P.S. the photo looks amazing. Does Santa live there?

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 10:36

Welcome back! I'm sure you had an amazing time!

Pictures please...hand them over! lol!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:50

We are indeed back.

Had a wonderful trip. Went skiing one day, which was epic. We are lucky in that most ski resorts don't have squat for snow.
All was well, however, we had one glaring problem. Our hydrant that feeds my gravity fed water was frozen. It has never happened before. My only guess is that two things caused this. One, a fairly light snowcover, and secondly, the bin I leave over the hydrant had a crack in it, which allowed snow to melt and re-freeze all the way down the pipe. We were able to get some water out of the relief valve on the well-head. Enough to drink and do dishes, and such. However, NO SHOWERS for five days. This sucked. While disappointing, it did not hinder much of our trip. Still... never happened before, and probably won't happen again.
I already have a very elaborate plan for a box to put around it this summer.
We ate good, drank good, had great game sessions, decompressed a bunch, and all cannot wait to go back.
The mountain is under a snow warning and expecting 2 feet, and 40+mph winds starting tonight, so probably lucky we got out when we did.
Will post come pics tonight or tomorrow.

Beginning the 4 month countdown for just my wife and I in May.

Mike

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 11:23

Sounds like you had an awesome time...except the water issue...ick-5 days without a shower!

It does sound like it is good that you got out when you did. I saw that I a ton of snow is on it's way!!!! Wish that were coming here as well.

So the countdown begins again...you'll need lots of good distractions. LOL!

I can't wait to see your pictures when you get them up :)

wakeslayer
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 15:06 - Edited by: wakeslayer

Here are a few pics

PS: that is a backup 18 pack. Not the primary inventory.
My beautiful wife and I climbing the driveway
My beautiful wife and I climbing the driveway
my daughter and her boyfriend at the ski mountain
my daughter and her boyfriend at the ski mountain
campfire shot
campfire shot
my kids sledding our driveway
my kids sledding our driveway

wakeslayer
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 15:09

couple more
After the mandatory reading. I love it when my little girl reads this book
After the mandatory reading. I love it when my little girl reads this book
my wife and our friend Mel after sledding the driveway
my wife and our friend Mel after sledding the driveway
my kids at the top of Schweitzer, overlooking Lake Pend O'Rielle
my kids at the top of Schweitzer, overlooking Lake Pend O'Rielle
snowshoeing the Upper Pack River,  looking for moose sheds
snowshoeing the Upper Pack River, looking for moose sheds

Montanagirl
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 19:32

GREAT pics! Looks like a fun time. Memories in the making!

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 19:39

Yep...you all look happy! Can't even tell you guys hadn't showered :) 'spose ya just kept hats on at all times! LOL!

neb
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 20:11

When I don't get to the land and shack for 2 weeks I go crazy. I bet it was great after that long being away. Great pictures.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 21:37

watching KXLY from Spokane . . . Schwietzer got 48 inches overnight . . . nothing for us so far . . . darn it . . .

wakeslayer
# Posted: 18 Jan 2012 10:06

MTGirl

KXLY is pulling your leg. They got a few inches. They had been threatening 2 feet. Still another day to go.
Hope you get dumped on !!

Where are you in MT?

wakeslayer
# Posted: 18 Jan 2012 10:22

Looks like TomChum is going to get drilled at his place. 2.5-3 feet

Montanagirl
# Posted: 18 Jan 2012 10:49

I'm in Kalispell. These weather forcasters can never get it right. I think they get so excited to talk about a big weather event they go overboard. . . I can still see the lawn at my house in town.

TomChum
# Posted: 18 Jan 2012 10:53 - Edited by: TomChum

Your photos look like fun. 5 days without a shower is no big deal for a guy (if no witnesses) - but kinda hard with a family. Water is very good to have.

We had to leave yesterday......disappointed. It was beautiful, all cotton candy. We had about 6" new. Forecast has been downgraded, appx 8-14" next 24 hrs. I wish I was still there!

nicalisa
# Posted: 18 Jan 2012 21:05

I read your post to my five year old and showed him your pictures. He thinks your wife is "very pretty and has pretty hair":) He thinks you are lucky that you got to go to the little house (our cabins name) and thinks that we should go to ours. We have snow here in the lower mainland, but not sure we will have it at our little house, but am thinking that maybe this weekend we should just go and check it out:) You inspired our little guy which means that he will not let up until we go too!!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.