Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anonymous
wakeslayer
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 18:14

Can we get a show of hands regarding posting anonymously?

Personally, I do not like it one bit. This is the only forum I post on of about 10 or 12 I use that even allows it. Frequently, not always, it is used as a way to lob a post out there that is unfriendly, not helpful, or just unnecessary.

Anyone else feel that you should not be able to post anon on this site?? I prefer to know who i am talking to. If you have an opinion that you aren't willing to stand up an show your face to say, I do not consider it valid. I stand by my thoughts and convictions and will be glad to say whatever I want to say with my name attached.

Just sayin'

Mike

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 18:49

Mike

I hear what you're saying. It realy doesn't bother me much. I do give a lot more thought to real names and their opinions.

Owen

Kudzu
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 19:55

I promise my real name is NOT "Kudzu", so what difference does it make?

Martian
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 20:49

Quoting: Kudzu
I promise my real name is NOT "Kudzu", so what difference does it make?

But WE know its you when you post even if we don't KNOW you. 'Anonymous' could be anybody.

Tom

MtnDon
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 22:54

I agree with Martian. Even posting as Kudzu or John Smith or whatever permits the audience to perceive some continuity, to assemble an image of who the poster is. Even if the image is completely fabricated, some how it just seems tidier to have some sort of continuity. I don't really care if one uses a real name or not; I can understand why many forum members use false names. But somehow anonymous posts mostly rub me the wrong way.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 07:22

One thing for sure, anonymous can argue with him / herself. It does seem strange durring a discussion to have both sides of an opinion debateted by the same name.

Owen

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 07:33

Sorry, this all my fault!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 11:21

Quoting: MtnDon
I agree with Martian. Even posting as Kudzu or John Smith or whatever permits the audience to perceive some continuity, to assemble an image of who the poster is. Even if the image is completely fabricated, some how it just seems tidier to have some sort of continuity. I don't really care if one uses a real name or not; I can understand why many forum members use false names. But somehow anonymous posts mostly rub me the wrong way.

Exactly. Obviously, we all have handles. My name is not Wakeslayer. It is Mike, however. I feel that if you want to contribute to this site, you should register. Of course it is more or less anonymous in the first place, but if you have something to say, why are you nervous about doubling up your anonymity? Seems silly to me.

hattie
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 22:01

Using Anonymous seems a chicken way to handle things. If you feel strongly about something then use your regular handle. I don't pay much attention to anonymous posts that are badmouthing people. The only instance I can see the benefit to using it is if you want to post something fairly personal.

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 22:29

Quoting: Anonymous
Sorry, this all my fault!

No! It is MY fault!!

Borrego
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 23:41

This is a good one!
But I never understood why anyone would register as anonymous.......

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 15 Sep 2012 01:21

Its not that they didnt register or registered as annon, sometimes the cookies get cleared out and they make a post and realize they weren't signed in as a result of clearing cookies. Its happened to me. I agree, we know who you are, even if its not your real name.

Anonymous
# Posted: 15 Sep 2012 06:28

Quoting: Anonymous
No! It is MY fault!!

or maybe it nobodys fault

larry
# Posted: 15 Sep 2012 21:37

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
sometimes the cookies get cleared out and they make a post and realize they weren't signed in as a result of clearing cookies. Its happened

happens to me from time to time. dont realy care, i could be jimmy hoffa

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.