Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / This is drywall?
trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:39 - Edited by: trollbridge

This pretty interior caught my eye and upon further reading I learned that the walls are drywall and have been painted to look like wood! Amazing! What a talented painter...I would love to be able to do that! Thought some of you may appreciate it too.
drywall
drywall

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 00:29

Nobody answered you so I will say HI! How have you been?

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 09:02

Those walls are indeed beautiful...

Martian
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 09:11

Its a technique, used in the old days, to make one type of wood look like another. I found it really hard to duplicate when working in a historical structure that had it.

Good luck, if you give it a shot. The nice thing about it, you can start over at any point.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Feb 2013 10:46

I know there are paint rollers that put down a wood grain pattern but I would imagine it would take a lot of practice to get it looking good.

I thought it was a handsome interior and maybe some day I'll give it a try

Sustainus...I'm great! Thanks for asking. How are you? What ya been busy with while you've been holed up at home with all the window blinds drawn? Been knitting? Noelle is still waiting for her baby booties

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 12:19

TB- I will get right on those booties...I will try felting a pair! The Realestate market is SUPER busy! I have been working my tail off!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 14:25

Hi Dave!
The market has picked up and is actually super busy? That's awesome! I hope it stays active-do you think it will?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.