Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone still not been back yet this spring?
trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 09:44

I see many of you have been back to your cabins by now after closing up for the winter, and thankfully everyone seems to be reporting back that for the most part, their cabins are sitting just as they left them, which is always a great relief!

Are there still a few of you waiting to get back? If so when will you go? I know many people with seasonal cabins who open Memorial Day weekend and close back up Labor Day weekend This seems like a short season.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 14:07

Mine was jsut as I left it. Just got back last week. I have trees cleared back from it, gravel around it, trimemd branches, have covers for all the windows. I have never found anything out of place or messed with yet. I have a great neighbor and you cant get into my place without driving past his and he is like a bulldog if you are not recognized.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 15:07

We are headed to beautiful Idaho one week from tomorrow. Have not been since late September. Cannot wait. Had a friend check it a couple weeks ago and nothing seemed amiss.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 16:49

I was up at Easter but there were still several feet of snow. I am going up this weekend. Hopefully the snow is gone. It's supposed to be warm so I'm sure I'll go from snow straight to black flies!

cabingal3
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 23:15

well.we had trees down on the road to the property..we had a generator wagon stolen in the winter or fall.my fault.i think i got busy loading up to go and left it out.sure love it out there.cant wait to live there full time in exactly two years.then we will have it move in ready.

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 May 2013 10:02

I'm always so relieved to see everything is fine. We've had trees down, but I kinda expect that...I'm just happy when they have cleared the cabin on the way down! We do have a couple we need to take down-they are pretty rotted on the inside and one in particular is in a bad location-too close to the cabin. Other than that-it's only been the bears that have messed with anything. Their favorite activity? Dumping over the BBQ grill and licking the grates I can handle that!

Wakeslayer...have a great time at your cabin...I know how excited you must be! How was your beach getaway this past January? And make sure you enjoy our May snowstorm

Skoot...ssshh...don't mention those pesky black flies!!

Toyota...what ya gonna do at your place now that you finished?? Hmmmmm...????

beachman
# Posted: 1 May 2013 16:55

Going up this weekend.

naturelover66
# Posted: 2 May 2013 08:10

Leaving to go up this morning! Yay!!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 2 May 2013 09:12

Hey TB, We will indeed. We decided to drive this trip also and bring the dogs. We usually fly except for our July trip. The Jamaica trip was the single greatest musical experience ever. 4 nights of Gov't Mule, Warren Haynes, and Anders Osborne. 300 people, right on the beach at our hotel. Untouchable.
Not into the May snow at all. We really didn't get more than a few flakes as most stayed south. The ice went off the lake yesterday which is weeks later than normal and by far the latest in the 15 years that I have lived here. It went off first weekend of March in 2000. Just crazy.
Ready to be at the cabin for a week.

mikehu1966
# Posted: 2 May 2013 12:02

Heading to my property in Chenango County NY tomorrow.

Currently there is land, with a well (Need to test) and septic (need to find) but there is other work to be done too. Possibly looking at some travel trailers as well.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 May 2013 11:41

Wakeslayer...
I'm glad your Jamaican trip was fabulous!!! That's awesome
Have a great getaway at the cabin and a safe drive both there and back, especially if you hit bad weather. You are fortunate this last snowstorm missed you...lots of trees down and damage reports-two semis crashed on the interstate killing one driver, sadly. That was going down the Knapp hill-steep, bad spot. In Feb.during a snowstorm a semi went off the bridge into the Red Cedar River killing both in the cab. We don't need more accidents due to snow here in town.

Have a great weekend everyone getting away! Be safe.

adakseabee
# Posted: 5 May 2013 21:24 - Edited by: adakseabee

The Admiral's last day of teaching this semester is May 14th. Look to be headed to Tioga County NY (from VA) soon after to get the fields cut and finish the porch enclosure, plus enjoy living the simple life again until we have to return for a grandson's high school graduation. Checked the weather there today. Could hardly believe that it was 71 while here it was in the 50s! Go figure.

neb
# Posted: 5 May 2013 21:29

Been in my this winter a few times I just walked (1 mile). I have been there a few times this spring and it was as I left it. I have to find the place where the flies are getting in. I thought I had everything sealed up tight. I was there today and love the solitude. I fished and walked and and just rested.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 May 2013 09:23 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

headed to the northern cabin in a day a so( was leaving this past weekend--can not seem to get motivated...have not been since Jan.... adding several new windows and putting board and batten siding this trip. So glad I got the power ran in Jan. and now I can use my tools with real power --not JUST my cordless ones...

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 May 2013 09:53 - Edited by: trollbridge

WHAT?!????? Can't get motivated??????? Go....you'll be so glad you did

So glad your place was good neb. Hope you find where the flies are getting in.

I'm sure May 14 can't come soon enough, adakseabee! Hope your place is just the way you left it too Enjoy!

Oh, and mikehu...enjoy! Sounds like an adventure

Beach man and NL...did you have a good time and find everything in good shape?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.