Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone from Texas?
jrbarnard
# Posted: 11 Jun 2013 06:29

So many folks here from up north.. and MAN are those areas beautiful.. but I hate snow.. lol

Anyone from around Texas?

I'd sure love to get together, hang out with folks that love building cabins as much as I do. Don't worry, all the hard work is done on mine.. lol..

Just thinking about my ranch and the cabin and curious who else in this heat-infested region is too.. :P

I always told my wife I'd sell everything in a heartbeat and move to a state that does not fry eggs on the sidewalk if we could get as good of jobs and get my ranch back too.. lol.. but the Texas Veteran land program is too dang nice down here and most states don't have that.

Russ

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Jun 2013 21:39

I was born in Texas city many years ago.love love love the south.love texas and louisana but i met my hubby about 45 yrs ago and have been up in the north for 43-44 yrs.i go back to visit from time to time.stil love the south,the people,the food.But i turned into a northern gal somewhere along the way.
i love snow.

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 00:20 - Edited by: Purplerules

Glad you started this thread. I'm in Texas have been all my life.
I listen to others on here from the Northern part of the country and think it's cool there are so many that can discuss their common land interests. But wondered who all had a cabin in Texas, so we can discuss our common things.

So cool that you are done on your cabin. We have just started and are 8 months into it. We are headed there soon for a weeks vacation in this heat-infested region. lol

But really once you take a cool dip, it is not so bad outside.
Only thing that gets me is the constant lookout for snakes and the bugs. But I would not trade it. There is just something magical about cabin time.

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 00:23

Cabingal3 - I use to live on the south side of Houston until 5 years ago and we would always go fishing on the Texas City dikes

Taiwin
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 00:35

Hi there, I live in sugarland and my small cabin is located in Sheridan, Tai

Taiwin
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 00:39

This is my small cabin in progress.
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3383_0.html

jrbarnard
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 05:50

Purplerules: I am not done.. lol.. I still have a few months left. I am trying to get the last of the electricity done this month and get the walls finished out next month. I love Texas, just hard to get help in the middle of nowhere and thank God for the folks that get out there to help.. heh

I have a link somewhere to the progress, I will link it here in a few.

Taiwin: Very nice and clean cabin! I wish I had kept mine at that size.. but I got too ambitious.. lol

My ranch is southwest of Rocksprings, TX

Russ

mgc
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 06:02

Friendswood is home and Blessing is our cabin's location.

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 06:07

Quoting: Purplerules
we would always go fishing on the Texas City dikes

me too gal!

jrbarnard
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 06:21 - Edited by: jrbarnard

Here is the link to our cabin.

CABIN BUILD THREAD

And here is an updated photo or two. Like I stated, we are about 85% done with the electrical runs and then we have the insulation. We are using 5.5" x 6ft picket fence to line the walls. I wanted that instead of sheetrock.. heh:

Front View

Kitchen

Purplerules
# Posted: 13 Jun 2013 01:36

jrbarnard - That is one huge kitchen, now I am in envy mode
my tiny kitchen
my tiny kitchen

jrbarnard
# Posted: 13 Jun 2013 06:07

lol.. thanks! but, I got a heck of a deal. I found a guy that had just bought a house and was remodeling the kitchen because it was too small for him and his wife. The problem he dealt with was the people he had bought it from had remodeled it 2 months prior in order to sell it :P

So, for $100, I got brand new granite countertops and the 1970s custom real wood cabinets.. ;) we just had to take them out ourselves, which was a chore.

There are more cabinets, but we could not fit them all in, so we are spreading them throughout the cabin as storage.. heh

And the granite broke, but I was able to repair it ;)

Russ

Purplerules
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 23:14

What major city is closest to you?
Waco is the closest to us.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.