Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Gift baskets inspired by cabin locale
hueyjazz
# Posted: 21 Dec 2013 15:45

Does anyone do gift baskets inspired by the cabin locale?
We do
Our cabin area is located in an area that has a lot of local favor. Amish and Mennonites abound. A lot of local crafts.

Nunda Mustard, Once Again Nut Butter are local products that are excellent and eclectic. Buckwheat pancakes are a local favorite and mixes are available in our country supermarket. Finger Lakes wineries aren't too far away and can offer a Riesling that will compete with the world's best . This is often a by the pond sipping wine at our cabin.
Upstate NY maple syrup is just as good if not better than any of Vermont's best. We know the maker and know grade isn't the only factor. (Yes I have a brother that lives in Vermont and Yes, those are fighting words)
These are all items commonly stocked at our cabin and are part of our rituals. These gift baskets go out to special friends that have shared our cabin.

hattie
# Posted: 21 Dec 2013 21:58

We like to give some of our friends maple syrup flavoured honey. It is made in a town an hour away and we know the owner. Everyone raves about it. Think tea sweetened with maple honey. Nothing better.

rayyy
# Posted: 22 Dec 2013 17:06

No but I must admit that this stuff from my local upstate new york buddy is additive.
ummmmm_my_favorite_0.jpg
ummmmm_my_favorite_0.jpg

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 Dec 2013 20:18

A local farmer taps his maples and makes dark amber syrup the old fashioned way in a huge iron pot over a wood fire. Amazing flavor. Spoiled now and could never go back to commerical maple syrup.

hattie
# Posted: 23 Dec 2013 20:56

rayyy-Those candies are sooooooooooooo good!! Why'd you have to go and post that picture?! Geesh!! Yummmmm!!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.