Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cleaning rough cut pine floor - moved the couch, clean spot.
RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 5 May 2014 06:57

We just moved a couch that had been sitting in the same spot in our cabin for quite a while. What we found was the rough yellow pine was a whole lot cleaner under the couch. Yeah, I guess we hadn't been real careful about taking our boots off when we came into the cabin. Hey, it's a cabin.

On the other hand, I'd like to clean the floor and get some of the dry mud/dirt off the floor. I'm afraid cleaning it with a sponge mop or a cloth mop would result in pieces of the mop embedded with the wood fibers (and then me having to pick them out).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to clean a rough pine floor? I'm also concerned about putting too much h20 on it... it don't want it to leave water marks.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Don_P
# Posted: 5 May 2014 07:34

Osborne brush? A cup type sanding wheel with nylon bristles that are embedded with a sanding grit. It doesn't "grind", more of a polishing action but it does remove a good bit of dirt and the roughest fuzzies. I used one yesterday to clean up a hemlock 3x15 14' long hemlock plank we'll use as a bench at the farmer's market. Mine is old, I think I got it from Schroeder's. It will create dust.

brokeneck
# Posted: 19 Sep 2014 17:33

a nice coat of stain?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.