Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Neat Island Cabin (Not Mine)
razmichael
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 06:50

Hard to tell if this counts as a "small cabin" but we spotted this on our return to Canada from a long weekend in Philly. It is in the St. Lawrence among the "1000 Islands" and I love the way they have stuck this onto such a small island (really just a rock).
Island Cabin
Island Cabin

Wilbour
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 08:41

On my way to and from Wolfe Island we see a cabin that takes up almost the whole island it sits on. Never seen anyone there and it is small. Maybe my next trip to camp I will try to get a photo.

creeky
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 10:02

I like the tower and the "block house" windows. What a nice design.

hattie
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 12:17

WOW that is really nice!! Thanks for sharing this!

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 23:10

thats a great place.love it so.
just fish and fry fish for dinner every day.

bldginsp
# Posted: 22 Jul 2014 23:53

The sound of water lapping against the shore on a still summer night,
I knew this as a young man. But I did not marvel at it or consider it exceptional, I thought it was just the way things are, and I let it put me to sleep. Now I crave it, and it seems inaccessible and so far distant from my experience. But at the end of my life the gentle lapping will be with me and I will let it put me to sleep.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 23 Jul 2014 08:10

Quoting: bldginsp
The sound of water lapping against the shore on a still summer night...

Poetic...

razmichael
# Posted: 23 Jul 2014 08:18

Quoting: CabinBuilder
Poetic

And so true. Although our cabin is on a lake so we do not get that wonderful sound of the waves due to the small lake size and the type of waterfront. Years ago my parents retired and built on waterfront on Georgian Bay and I loved visiting - partially because you could always hear the waves on the rocks even from inside the house.

The area where the cabin that I posted above is located is full of very expensive cottages/houses/mansions (although I'm sure the owners of these mansions call them cottages). Every island we could see had something on it. Here is an example on the opposite end of the size spectrum....
Larger Island Cabin
Larger Island Cabin

Wilbour
# Posted: 23 Jul 2014 14:55

rasmichael

Your photo could be mistaken for some place in the prairies with all the flooding. What a difference, if you see an Island it's paradise. If you see flooded homes it's a disaster.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.