Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone classify themselves as a "lone wolf"?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Gary O
# Posted: 15 Dec 2015 10:18

Quoting: offgridliving
But, I can boast of a smaller circle of friends that would literally do anything for me and I would do the same for them. This is such a valuable asset when living a self-reliant lifestyle because sometimes there are tasks that you just cannot complete yourself. I cannot say the same about city life where many people never even know their neighbors

Winter here.

Got two and a half feet of snow dumped on us.

Got neighbors sprinkled here and there.

Some are quite skittish around folks.

Hardly anyone can get out.

Some are feuding with each other.
Long time.
Bitter feuding.

Some have tractors...with snow blowers.

Feuding is on hold.

rugercpl
# Posted: 16 Jun 2016 19:03

bump

RodneyE
# Posted: 20 Jul 2016 02:20

I love being in alone too. It gives you a sense of peace. Whenever I feel tired and weary I just go to the cabin by myself and have a hot cup of cocoa and a good book to read.

old greybeard
# Posted: 20 Jul 2016 07:13

Glad to read this old thread. My wife and I are best friends, so we're never alone. Especially with a couple of hounds with us. But these threads are reassuring to me. We don't like society, don't share its values any longer. We generally feel like outcasts as we don't watch much Tv, hardly look at our phones, value exercise thru work, gardening, canning, hunting. Both of us are happiest at camp 6 miles from another soul, reading a book.
All things that no other person at our jobs share our love for. Its gonna be interesting when we retire as we get our social interaction thru work now, we'll have to find another avenue when retired. Maybe join a church at camp.

timcook
# Posted: 21 Jul 2016 08:35

Oh man you nailed it on the head, i feel the same, with PBR lol

timcook
# Posted: 21 Jul 2016 08:41

Love being a lone wolf at the cabin with my dog and cold beer. I do enjoy the wife when she does come up tho, im at my cabin every weekend, i do have lots of time to my self and its nice to get prodjects done

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.