Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / what's your poison? Anyone have a favorite cabin adult beverage?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
rugercpl
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 13:27

Mine? Barenjaeger...an amazing old German honey liqueur. Either with plenty of ice, with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, or straight up depending on what Ive got on hand. Barenjaeger means Bear Hunter in German. I think its pretty appropriate.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 13:29

Cold beer...Bud, Bush don't really care as long as it's cold.

South360
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 15:59

Bush Lite in the Summer and Jim Beam in the winter. I don't drink Jim Beam in the Summer anymore since the tractor incident.

leonk
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 16:30

I don't drink Jim Beam in the Summer anymore since the tractor incident.

creeky
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 16:30

tequila. i have a favorite. el jimador. but before drinking you must shout "el him-a-do-o-o-r."

lol. south360. hope yer okay.

I personally love driving the tractor while imbibing. but i make sure I'm doing something very straight forward. and lets not talk about the gazebo.

rugercpl
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 18:35 - Edited by: rugercpl

I don't use the tractor in the summer anymore since the Jim Beam incidents.

I also like Miller Lite. It's like seltzer. But I'm prone to drink hoppy IPA's from time to time

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 18:52

On hot summer days, it's an ice cold Corona. When things cool off, it's a Bloody Caesar or wine.

naturelover66
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 21:48

Wine.... Any Wine will do.
Lisa

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 22:33

Bottled water is my primary drink, then when I'm feeling a little more spunk and wanting some hard sstuff, I can down a 12oz can of caffeine free Diet Pepsi. But those are even limited to maybe 4 cans a month at best.

I have been drug, alcohol and tobacco free my entire life. Most would think and do say that sounds boring, but its not at all. I'm too busy with my life to ever have time to be bored.

I am not one of those anti smoking or drinking nazi's either.

I am an anti drug nazi though.

Malamute
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 22:33

I'm a lousy supporter of the liquor stores. I buy maybe a couple six packs of beer each summer, and about 2 bottles of Bulleit Bourbon each year. I have a shot in my coffee as much as anything, or perhaps a bit in some hot chocolate in the evening. Once in a while a box of wine, it will last quite a while. By the time its gone, I generally forget when I bought it.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 23 Aug 2014 22:47

Corona with fresh lime slice is my favorite. Mowing becomes a blast!!

Salty

Gary O
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 00:42 - Edited by: Gary O

BEER

With fruit

Up until a couple decades ago I never really cared what kinda beer.
Cold beer was....better.
But one time, while team driving with a happening dude, we stopped for the night. Found a bar. Shot the breeze about the usual; politics, sex, sports, sex, economics, sex, ingrown toenails, sex, carburation vs fuel injection, sex, and....beer.
He seemed to know his way around several types and flavors; pilsners, stouts, lagers, ales, porters and on and on.
My main selection was 'wet'.

I noticed he had a piece of fruit in his beer.

'Corona with lime, good beer.'

I try one.
Actually, it was rather refreshing.

But just that one time.

Dark beer

While golfing, my club wielding hippy buddy offered one of his porters.
Black Butte porter
Man, that was gooooood beer.
Was
For awhile it became my beer of choice.
Then, like an old girlfriend...a flame that went out as fast as it flared up, my taste for it just disappeared.

IPA

After months of just getting whatever was on sale, my lady and I dropped by the Edgefield poor farm, one of McMenamins beer gardens.
Cool place.
One of our sometimes favorite haunts.
A quaint place on the grounds is called the 'little red shed'.
Cozy
Stone fireplace
Bowls of peanuts, of which you were encouraged to toss the shells on the dirt floor.
Short bar, rather up close and personal.
I asked the barkeep what his favorite beer was.

'IPA'

'I Pee what?'

'India pale ale'

He then went on with the IPA story about the Brits needing beer in India.
He drew one for me.
Not a lager
Not a pilsner
Definitely not a dark beer
Not any ale I'd ever had.
It was very good.
Distinctly good.
It became the beginning of a fascinating quest for me to find the best one. The best of the best in my opinion.
Up until sometime last year, I'd actually hoped I'd never find it....traveling around, tasting, sampling.

But,

the hunt is over.

This beer, this medium dark beer....not dark, not amber, but a rich bodied color of....maybe mahogany, was capped with a glorious head.
A head that was not scraped off, but about two inches higher than the brim.
A head of tight little bubbles, bubbles so small they didn't really look like bubbles at all, but more like combed fleece.
This beer, this beer looked the epitome of the word 'quench'.

I knew I'd found it.
I hoped I'd found it.
I hoped it tasted half as good as it looked.

It tasted....better.

There is none other for me.

I cannot go back.

I refuse to go forward.

Why would I?

I have arrived at my destination.

cheers
beir
beir

cabingal3
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 01:49

i dont drink anything but coffee and soda and water.

cabingal3
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 01:51 - Edited by: cabingal3

gar.
we cant even get around the cabin to build.if we drank all this stuff or any.we would be falling off the roof.haa haa haa.

Gary O
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 02:07

Which explains that clinging to the edge of the roof ordeal, in the fetal position.

You know how I love IPA, woman.

(man, try to be a legend around here....)

cabingal3
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 02:09

rmak
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 11:59

Beer mostly. My wife likes Miller Lite, which I can't stand. I prefer heavier. She also tries new things in the summer. Bloody Marys, Sangrias, etc. but these fads pass and I get back to beer.

That said, neither of us drink alcohol much. I always tell people I drank my lifetime quota before I was 40 so I'm now taking more than my share.

gsreimers
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 17:55

A couple of weeks ago, during some time with friends, one of my friends asked the waitress what the drink special of the evening was. The answer was Moscow Mules. Absolutely great on a warm summer evening. 1/2 oz. lime juice, 2 oz. Vodka, 12 oz. ginger beer. Even better if served in the traditional copper cup.

Have to say, I have become a fan.

beachman
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 21:07

Beer, cold and smooth. Pilsner preferably. Then rum, good rum on the rocks, then with coke (cola). SM Scotch is very good too.

bldginsp
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 21:28

I drank a lot of the new natural diet sodas made with stevia and erythritol, but got tired of them and they're expensive. Plain old ice water is my drug of choice now, and occasionally a bottle of vino. Coffee in the morning always. ALWAYS. Beer? Sometimes. I can't keep my weight stable if I drink beer, and I don't want to get diabetes.

tcmatt
# Posted: 24 Aug 2014 23:33

Molson Canadian. Or makers mark on the rocks

gunseller
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 09:47

I have drank a lot of things over the years but now it usualy one of three, Miller lite, because that is what my wife likes and I get very drunk if I drink my drinks in quanity, good rum or Southern Comfort. Rum is out of the bottle or in water and the SC is out of the bottle or in coffee.
Steve

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 13:18

did someone say FIREBALL....a very good whiskey

or local corn or apple or peach squeezing's ....

Pookie129
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 14:26

fresh berries, lemonade, vodka and club soda.

Nothing better are a long day of activity and hard work while sitting around the firepit

old greybeard
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 14:48

Founders Centennial IPA in cans. Drink them, fill them with water from the rain barrel. Shoot them with a 17hmr and watch them explode.

Tarmetto
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 19:46

Being in Asheville, NC (Beer City USA 2010/2011) and probably more...I love the local craft beers. Asheville Brewing's "Shiva"...Highlands "Gaelic Ale" are my favorites.
Of late...I enjoy anything from Sam Adams...especially Summer Ale, Winter Ale, and Boston Lager.
I'm not much for liquor, but I do like a fine Bourbon now and then.
The wife is into wine, and we both enjoy the slightly sweet (not dry) wines made locally, Lake James Winery, Burnt Shirt Winery, Chestnut Hill (TN). An excellent winter warmer is homemade "Apple Pie" moonshine...not the crappy commercially made shine...the "real" shine!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 26 Aug 2014 20:45 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: Tarmetto
homemade "Apple Pie" moonshine

one of my favorite fall drinks sitting around the campfire at hunting camp.

brokeneck
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 18:27 - Edited by: brokeneck

My 2 sons home-brew at our cabin --since we've got the best Rocky Mountain Water available. They have a kegerator set up in the Lodge (big Cabin). Sot the pic is of their IPA -- the finest and free-est IPA I've ever had --and I've been on my quest about 3 years.

Before my IPA kick I'd usually drank Coors Banquet to complete the circle of life --
1 buy Coors and bring to cabin
2 drink Coors
3 pee Coors into West Chicago Creek
4 West Chicago Creek runs into Clear creek which Coors uses as their water source --
See step 1
67229_1.jpg
67229_1.jpg
67229_2.jpg
67229_2.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 8 Sep 2014 20:36

Quoting: gsreimers
A couple of weeks ago, during some time with friends, one of my friends asked the waitress what the drink special of the evening was. The answer was Moscow Mules. Absolutely great on a warm summer evening. 1/2 oz. lime juice, 2 oz. Vodka, 12 oz. ginger beer. Even better if served in the traditional copper cup

had my first Moscow mule this weekend...they were awesome..my friend from TN brought them down to my camp this past weekend

Camper
# Posted: 10 Sep 2014 16:20

Bourbon - Been sippin' on a bottle of Woodford Reserve for about nine months. Smooooth!

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.