Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Forums
felineman
# Posted: 24 Jan 2015 21:56

Well after 3 days of reading I have OFFICIALLY read the entire forum and may I say my head is ready to explode. I have worked in the log home industry and frame home too and even done electrical and plumbing work, but I have to say we do have some very smart and outside the box thinkers here. I personally want to build myself a 25 x 30 cabin in Northern Ontario, but just can't afford the land as of yet. I keep finding things I want or need to take up north and the land fund seems to get smaller. I have also been collecting books in pdf and html for about 12 years and have about 7000 books to date. I do floor plans about twice a week and have a couple thousand all in the 20 x 20 to 30 x 50 range, in the hope that one day I will be able to build myself a nice full time cabin. Currently writing a building plan that I may post just so those interested have an idea in what is required to actually build a cabin themselves. I will be watching for new posts and hope that any advice I can give can help you build your dreams.

Edward

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 25 Jan 2015 11:57

Edward, looking forward to your guidelines and other input. We do have some sharp folks in here for sure.

creeky
# Posted: 27 Jan 2015 20:06

it's a rare bird who can do research. your wit and wisdom will be appreciated. welcome.

deercula
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 03:37

Feline, I recently bought 40 acres in S.W... NY. Local code says I can build up to 500 sq. ft. " seasonal hunting cabin " with no restrictions. Would like to build 20 X 25, do you have anything that would be of help to me? THANKS!

felineman
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 04:18

20 x 25 is small even by my standards, May I suggest you either look into 1 room hunt cabin or tiny RV homes for floor plans. I'm not sure of code in your area, I know in mine everything including the toilet paper holder needs a permit. Seriously it does

beachman
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 09:44

No matter how much research and planning, you will never be 100% satisfied. Now I wish we had a second bedroom on the ground floor. Easy to configure but I don't have the extra $20k to do it. Good luck anyway.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.