Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / camp sick
<< . 1 . 2 .
cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Feb 2015 22:25

when i am not at the cabin i am cabin sick.
i never get in town home sick.lol

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 28 Feb 2015 22:26

I miss my cabin...grrrrrr.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 1 Mar 2015 21:32

Not sick anymore. Just got home from a 2 day visit. It was cold and snowy but great.

Salty Craig

Pookie129
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 04:40

Quoting: Salty Craig
Just got home from a 2 day visit. It was cold and snowy but great.

Ditto, not so snowy, although there was already plenty of it, but it was cold....however, didn't take long to work up a sweat doing chores and puttering

hueyjazz
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 11:42

I got back to my cabin this weekend. The last half mile I had to backcountry ski in and even that was a battle. Most of the snow was 2-3 feet deep but at random spots it would go to 5 or more. While I could get to it this is not my wife's cup of tea. I doubt you could even snowmobile in. Spring can't get here soon enough. I did just get a real good deal on a 4 wheeler and discovered my in-laws have a 1972 ski doo under a tarp in the barn in mint condition. That some old school sledding.
Snow.jpg
Snow.jpg
Snow2.jpg
Snow2.jpg

bobrok
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 11:47

Quoting: hueyjazz
a 1972 ski doo under a tarp in the barn in mint condition

That could me worth some $$$$$. Just sayin'

hueyjazz
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 11:52

Bobrok
I did find there's collectors clubs for these. 1972 ski doo 440e Nordic. I guess they are worth about a grand but I'm an old school kind of guy that loves old things. I don't think I've gotten my money's worth out of a truck unless it is at least ten years old and 250,000 miles. Cheaper to maintain and keep fixed than to buy new every three years. Done buying new anyhow. Let someone else pay the deprecation. This old sled is right up my ally.

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 14:20

Quoting: hueyjazz

We haven't been to the cabin in over three weeks now. Learned last week that the wife has breast cancer. Spent three hours with a surgeon Tuesday to learn we presently have the best news we can about a bad thing. Cancer is relatively small and we believe it has been caught early. Already have a date for surgery. What they find in the lymph nodes can change things.
Now I really need to get her to the cabin as she draws strength from there and it brings her intense happiness. It is her happy place.
I may go to the cabin this weekend to see what it takes to dig it out. This woman is a far better person than me so I owe her this much.
Been talking a lot to the man above.

Sorry you are going through this....your post made me emotional. Do your best to get your wife to her happy place-she will need all the strength she can get to work through all the stress. Keep us posted please.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 14:55

Quoting: Pookie129
Ditto, not so snowy, although there was already plenty of it, but it was cold....however, didn't take long to work up a sweat doing chores and puttering

OK, this inspires me to get up there and battle the elements. Ten feet of snow, sub zero temps and no heat. What could possibly go wrong?

Now about that shovel of yours... lol

Salty Craig
# Posted: 13 Mar 2015 21:35

Pookie129
These are for you my friend!!

Love, Salty
Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach
Our pool
Our pool
Swimming with turtles
Swimming with turtles
Honolulu from top of Diamond Head
Honolulu from top of Diamond Head

Salty Craig
# Posted: 13 Mar 2015 21:45

Pookie129
Ok, I'm not done rubbing it in!!

More love, Salty
Sailing
Sailing
My sweeeeet Koa Wood and bone fish hook
My sweeeeet Koa Wood and bone fish hook
Out our front door. Er, no door
Out our front door. Er, no door
God's Beautiful Creation
God's Beautiful Creation

Salty Craig
# Posted: 13 Mar 2015 21:53

Pookie129
Aloha buddy!!!!
80 degrees F
80 degrees F
Lava Flow
Lava Flow
Beauty
Beauty
Royal Hawaiian           Not cabin sick now :)
Royal Hawaiian Not cabin sick now :)

SandyR
# Posted: 14 Mar 2015 11:44

Salty you are BAD!

I just came home from a four day stay in Orlando with a friend. After 5 long months of snow and freezing temps I needed a few days of 90 degrees!

Huey I will certainly be thinking of your wife and her health. I have been fighting lyme disease and it is no picnic that's for sure. Keep us posted.

I am really itching to get to the cabin. The wood stove is in but it's not all insulated yet. So I am not sure it would warm enough for us to stay overnight. The heat goes right out the roof.

Malamute
# Posted: 14 Mar 2015 12:17

You'll be OK, youll just use more wood. I've wintered in a cabin with no roof insulation.

I get homesick when away from the cabin (I live in mine).

I am getting tired of winter though. Would be nice to be able to go somewhere warmer for part of winter.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 14 Mar 2015 21:56

SandyR
Lol!! Orlando is nice!!

bobrok
# Posted: 14 Mar 2015 22:27

Lol!! Orlando is nice!!

Well...not so sure about that. Ever watch the 6 o'clock news?

Salty Craig
# Posted: 15 Mar 2015 08:40

bobrok
I was mostly speaking of the weather.

Pookie129
# Posted: 18 Mar 2015 17:28

Pookie129
Aloha buddy!!!!

Dearest Salty Craig (or should that read Salty Brag )

I have two words you for you brother, and they aren't "happy motoring"
You are most fortunate that the weather here has broken (temporarily or not) and it has been sunny and somewhat mild. Not Waikaka beach or anything but not polar vortex either. As well, I made it to the cabin a few times and that helped ease the pain of your Hawaii trip

Oh, how I hoped you didn't forget your sun screen or get travellers diarrhea

Welcome back

PS - on a side note, thanks for posting the pictures, they are beautiful. I sincerely hope you enjoyed yourself and had a nice time.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 21 Mar 2015 21:36

Pookie129

It was great my friend. I have been many places, and I believe that Hawaii tops them all. The pictures are not even close to the real thing. Have a happy spring and great summer!!

Salty uh... Craig!!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.