Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Swedish Candle
neb
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 22:21

Anyone every use one at camp or when camping? They are an interesting concept and looks to be very useful.

Malamute
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 22:23

I've seen videos of them people posted on the bushcraft forum, but never tried one. They do look interesting.

neb
# Posted: 1 Apr 2015 19:55

Malamute>>>Yes they do look interesting and I would say they would work. I will prepare a couple of them when I'm on the river. Thanks

mwwilli
# Posted: 1 Apr 2015 22:13

We've made several, what we call, Swedish Torches. Typically give them to people to have for backyard BBQ's and State Park camp life, but have cooked (boiled water and fried eggs) over them for fun a few times. Here are some pictures of our use for them. I coat a cotton ball with bag balm or Vaseline and stuff it down the center, then light with a fireplace match. It'll burn for about 2 - 3 hours depending on the wood. We use 'bonfire' wood, nothing that would hold a fire in a cabin, to make these.
Swedish Torch #1
Swedish Torch #1
Swedish Torch #2
Swedish Torch #2
Swedish Torch #3
Swedish Torch #3
Swedish Torch #4
Swedish Torch #4

mwwilli
# Posted: 1 Apr 2015 22:15

Here's the continuation of the boil. We used one quart of water and it boiled in about 15 minutes or so.
Swedish Torch #5
Swedish Torch #5
Swedish Torch #6
Swedish Torch #6
Swedish Torch burning out
Swedish Torch burning out

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.