Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Shed base
hueyjazz
# Posted: 28 May 2015 11:51

Started to build for my shed project. I need a space to store the ATV, Sled and my wood shop tools. I plan to have the local Amish build me something. What I've seen of all their projects is that they are skid based. I wanted to have a suitable platform for this to rest on so I carved out a space.

What a battle. Four days of removing stumps, rocks and roots only then to level the site. Then I arranged for ten tons of crusher run to be delivered except the dump truck driver didn't want to go down the hill that is close to the cabin. I now need to shovel and trailer the stone to the final area.

Oh what fun
Stone.jpg
Stone.jpg
Stone1.jpg
Stone1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 May 2015 16:43

Good start, the foundation is without a doubt, the most importat part and hard to fix later if not done right. Virgin undisturbed soil under it, good gravel base to keep water out and the vapor barrier, all good items to have in place.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.