Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New toy for the property.
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 21:40 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

I have been using my quad, it has served me well. Only 1200 miles on it. I have a chain saw press on the back, Warn 2500 lbs winch, racks, front and rear. But the wife gave me a PO (purchase order for a business, but a permission order for a married couple) and I went and ordered a new 2015 Kawasaki Mule 610 XC SE. It comes with the street legal kit, plus licensing, roof, windshield, dump bed, fancy alloy wheels, open rear differential with differential lock and 4WD. 0% if I go 6 months max. I will give them 5K down, $1K a month. So zilch in financing.

I will have a nice 2002 Suzuki Eiger 400 4WD for sale with Warn 2500lb winch, chain saw press (Stihl 026 not included :D ) for sale, 1200 miles on it. Extra picky mechanic owned. I bought it new. Its in hunter green.

This is what I ordered. If it fits inside my enclosed 7X16 trailer, I will test it next weekend, its a done deal. If not, there is a model 610 that is shorter. (non XC) that would work, but I am certain this one will fit.

The wife was feeling bad during my high stress levels during the fire and knew how hard I worked on that place for the last 8 years. We almost lost it all. She gave me the go ahead. She spoils me. Hey, 40 acres is a big yard, just to run the fence line to check for breaks and repair it would be a big task. This is going to make it so much easier for me to haul all my gear around. I have lots of work in spring, prepping my fire buffer which will be expanding immensely. This rig will make that task so easy and fun.
mule.png
mule.png

AK Seabee
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 22:53

sweet!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 23:23

toyota_mdt_tech

You da man!! Sounds like you have a great wife. Thanks for helping the economy.

Keep buying the good stuff and enjoy the crap out of it. I love the sweet smell that successful people emit. You my friend, put off quite the aroma.

Craig

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 14:34

Damn! She's a beaut!!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 17:52

I'm very jealous! When the wife gives you the go ahead you gotta get 'er done! Good for you, sounds like you deserve it!

neb
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 18:01

Nice! My land is so rugged I wouldn't be able to use one but I would love to have one. Good for you!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 21:03

I have a Kawasaki MULE....I bought it used its a old one...and starts every time!!!

I have 2 lifted up golf carts (gas) with big tires and racks...but the MULE by far is my favorite.

We had a 3 day work weekend at MY hunting club this weekend. I hauled 12 foot 4'x4's with it...tin( we built 3 shooting houses...tools /seed/lime/fertilizer for food plots....some of my hunter's have Yamaha/Polaris/ and bad Boys buggies...the MULE is a work horse!!!

You picked the right one for sure. The dump bed is so handy. I have my Honda 4 wheeler..which I use for certain things!!!

Dillio187
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 22:38

awesome! I have a Polaris Rzr, and while I usually end up having more fun on it than work, they are very useful tools.

Asher
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 08:00

You made a good choice, my brother in-law bought a Honda rancher? He doesn't know a thing about mechanicals. After he told me he bought it, I looked it up... No low range, spooled rear end, 3spd auto (car type) transmission, no power steering, only like 700cc motor, etc.... He told me how it was the best one because of it's hauling and towing capacity... I really had to bite my tongue.. That thing is a dog, and the auto transmission shifts like my my old car with the "race valve body installed"... Now I think they realize some of its short comings, it tears their yard up skidding the inside tire on tight turns, and weight down the bed and steering gets worse because you start pushing hard. Not saying the Honda is useless, there is just better options, and honestly I think he just bought it because "it's a Honda"...

I suggested that they buy an old Jeep Cherokee or something like that, (can be had for less then $1500 around here) pull off the doors, remove the hatch and just beat on it like they would the Honda and still be able to legally drive it up to the local gas station. But they decided to buy that Honda, and since he knows nothing about mechanics, they have to take it for a 2hr drive to the closest Honda dealer for maintenance...

Gary O
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 11:27

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
I will have a nice 2002 Suzuki Eiger 400 4WD for sale with Warn 2500lb winch, chain saw press (Stihl 026 not included :D ) for sale, 1200 miles on it. Extra picky mechanic owned. I bought it new. Its in hunter green.

How much, T man?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 21:20 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: Gary O
How much, T man?

Gary, my cousin showed interest in it, so he is getting a crack at it first, but if I don't see any activity/movement from him, I'll let you know. I'll see what the going price is and knock a smidge off of it if you are interested. A large landowner, these are a must.

Bevis
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 21:44

I'm leaning towards a can-am side by side and chipping it. Especially after watching my buddy snatch out 5 other stuck sbs with straps between them all at once...

Gary O
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 22:42

A large landowner, these are a must

I'm still a bit large, and I have a bit 'o land.
Guess my first question is; will it push snow?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 15 Sep 2015 01:00

Yes Gary, its great to run out and close the gate, run to the mail box, fetch water, tow logs, tow a trailer (2" ball on the back) I used the winch to pull fencing tight, haul tools to make fence repairs, recon the area during fires. Think of it as an off road Rascal from the scooter store.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 00:36 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Well, crazy thing happened today.

My credit score is "0".

I have had no activity for over 3 years. I own my home, own my cabin, own all my vehicles, have no credit cards, my debt to income ratio is like 2%.

I was going to use Kawasaki's credit, was 0% for 6 months (same as cash) and that should be it.

but no activity, was denied by Kawasaki. He found an outfit that would do it for 13%. I was pissed. I said with my credit, I have never paid even close to that. That interest is for deadbeats. My credit s the same as a newborn. except good marks goes back 10 years, bad marks goes back 7 years. I have all good marks. So a little activity, I should be back up over 800 again.

OK, figured I'd take it out of savings and pay cash. But he said he would waive their 2% cut on that 13%, so it will be 11% and would toss in the rubber molded floormats which would be equal to more than the interest for 6 months to make it like zero interest. I said lets do it. I need some credit activity and this is a good way to start. I am going to my bank and applying for a credit card this weekend too. We will use it all month, then pay off the balance. Wife and I need to get credit back to snuff.

Anyway, take delivery of the Mule Sat. It will already have all the street legal wiring in place. But it wont fit in my trailer. Roll bar too high. I am going to take a pipe cutter, cut the bar near the top, weld in a sleeve using a rosetta weld, then I can remove the top, load it into my trailer. I slide it on and a special clevis pin to hold it in place. The front section bolts on.

Gary, my cousin bailed out on my quad. email me at quad4sale@ragsdaletransport.com if you are interested.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 18:33

Enjoy!!!

I know what you mean about credit. I'm not in debt for anything and haven't been for a while. Own my humble abode and car outright, hadn't had a credit card, etc. I had to change that. Got a credit card for travel and use it for little purchases now and then. You used to be able to use a debit card for car rentals but that changed.

Gary O
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 18:37

email me at quad4sale@ragsdaletransport.com if you are interested.

Done

mick968
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 20:35

speaking of toys for the cabin last time out acquired this
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Sep 2015 08:51

Mick, a quad on acreage is a must. I couldnt imagine not having it. I know I am departing with mine, but its being replaced with a side by side UTV.

mick968
# Posted: 17 Sep 2015 22:05

yeah,we have 6 acres with our cabin(and endless trails in nearby Pike National Forest) Landrover for the heavy duty stuff Must have toy options!
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 18 Sep 2015 06:29

I have 2.5 acres. I'm planning on getting a mule!!!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 18 Sep 2015 10:35

Well, its not going to fit into my enclosed trailer, rear door is too short (65" opening) while Mule to top is 73". So I will hold on to the quad till I resolve this (I cant go to the property without one motorized rig to help me with all my work) and I will. I want to do it without having to buy a new trailer. I think I need to make the roll bar come off. I will get it home and get my engineering mind to work. I have a dozen ideas, one will happen.

upndown
# Posted: 18 Sep 2015 11:12

Julie, would that be a Grass or Gas powered mule?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Sep 2015 18:14 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Took delivery today. Its identical to the one pictures, except add a windshield. The street legal lighting kit isnt even noticeable. Top speed, 25 MPH (governed) but its very comfortable. The rollbar can be completely unbolted, so getting it into my 7X16 enclosed trailer will be a non issue.

mick968
# Posted: 20 Sep 2015 13:14

Mine fits Honestly wasn't sure when I agreed to buy it
IMG_2385.jpeg
IMG_2385.jpeg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Sep 2015 17:30 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Here it is. at its new home. Not a lot of guts, top governed speed of 25 mph. Has low range, locking rear diff (open normally, locked solid by a dash lever) and 4WD. Its the SE, ie fancy wheels and color. I just added the bed mat, windshield, road legal lighting included turn signals, flashers, horn, 2 mirrors.

Yes, road legal in the eyes of the state.

I have the hitch coming for the back and I have ordered another OE Kawasaki tail lamp for the RH side. Only needs one, but it looks goofy. It has the mount for another one already. Hitch and second tail lamp are on the way. I will replace bulbs with LED's next.

Then a winch assembly and I should be good to go.
mule_id.jpg
mule_id.jpg
mule_rr.jpg
mule_rr.jpg
mule_lf_dump.jpg
mule_lf_dump.jpg
mule_lh_dash.jpg
mule_lh_dash.jpg

mick968
# Posted: 20 Sep 2015 18:36

Nice street legal

AK Seabee
# Posted: 21 Sep 2015 21:36

Nice, the windshield will keep the rain off your knees.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 22 Sep 2015 20:39

Quoting: AK Seabee
the windshield will keep the rain off your knee

AK, that was one of my complaints on all those with a roof, the knees were exposed, some worse than others. I noticed this right away. I installed a video surveillance system on a large compound and they had a Honda Pioneer 700 and half my legs got soaking wet when it was raining. The roof on this barely went to the top of the dash. Now I can remain dry if raining or out of the sun if its not raining.

The lighting kit for street legal all works, but IMHO, sub par install. All one color wire (red) not in colvoluted tubing, wire tie pigtails not clipped off, wire from staop lamp to turn signal, drum tight, no slack, rear lamp grounded on the bed, which moves via a hinge/dumper. The wires ran in a trough under the floor board, the kid put the bracket for throttle stop screw in backwards, so no stop for throttle and screw just hanging out in the open. He must of had no idea how the system worked. Tied into rear lamp with a scotch lock, I hate those things. I have a bunch of rolls of colored wire (colors common for vehicle lighting, ie brown, yellow, green, black, white), solder, shrink tube. Should redo all the wire, leave slack where needed, wrap it all up in tape and convoluted tubing, secure it nicely and add a second factory tail lamp for the RH side and eliminate that goofy reflector (already ordered with all factory brackets and hardware, mount holes are already there)

I should of just done it myself. I told them to tell his tech I am ultra picky super type A. But the kids idea of nice is not the same as mine I guess.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 22 Sep 2015 22:11

toyota_mdt_tech
Ya got her properly branded before a fly had a chance!!

Nice machine

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.