Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Strange Observation at my cabin
neb
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 20:40

I can't figure out for the life of me why I can't keep a clock to keep time at the cabin. I have bought many clocks from very good to cheaper battery operated clocks and every time I go there the clock is running (working) but could be hours off. It doesn't mater if it is one day or a month the clock stops at some time and always has the wrong time. I'm talking hours off. lol

Does anyone have an answer for this or does it happen to you.

bldginsp
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 21:22

My cheapo battery alarm clock always works great.

Have you considered an exorcist?

hattie
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 21:24 - Edited by: hattie

Maybe ghosts? *LOL* We have a clock in one of our motel rooms that has a pendulum. Sometimes it moves and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to matter if we put in new batteries or not. We also have a string of LED lights on our building. Sometimes the first part of the string will be dead and then it will miraculously light up again. These things have been happening for years now and we can't explain it. I just tell our guests it's ghosts.

neb
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 22:04

Hattie>>that is interesting and is a mystery to me. The only thing is temperature change could be it but then again I have battery operated cameras and the work through minus degrees all winter long.

I guess I should call the joint "lost in Time". Lol

upndown
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 00:10

Here's a weird one. Grade school buddy of mine had a really cool old clock his Grandpa gave him. He kept it by two collector Henry rifles his Grandpa gave him for graduation. He got up one morning and the clock had stopped at the exact time his Grandpa died during the night. Old clocks still kinda creep me out.

hattie
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 00:18

Quoting: neb
The only thing is temperature change could be it

We thought that too but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. We also thought maybe humidity, but nope. Sometimes the lights work when it's hot, sometimes in the middle of winter. Sometimes it is dry and sometimes it is humid. Darned if we can figure it out and Bob is a really smart guy when it comes to figuring things out. Just recently they had been out for many months and a week ago I noticed they were on again. *LOL* Ghosts....It must be ghosts...

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 11:23

Just wondering Neb... Take a compass and goto where your time pieces are and see if the compass behaves as it should. I've heard tale of Magnetite & Lodestone affecting certain things and a compass would behave oddly when near either. I have my doubts about it affecting too much other than magnetically but not sure...

I have 3 spots on my land where a compass spins out of control because there are deposits there that will do it... Does it affect my time pieces ? Dunno, I don't watch the watch anymore... heck don't even own a watch anymore...

Brknarow
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 11:34

Are you on a Ley Line? The magnetism could be screwing with things.

I personally could never wear a watch until they became mostly plastic. *shrugs But that is, of course, a more localized situation.

neb
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 18:47

Thanks for the interesting posts.

Hattie>> you maybe right ghosts. Lol

Steve_S>> I will try that and may have something to do with it. This is badland country and very rough country. I get cell service sometimes then I don't. I will google your response and see what I can find.

Brknarow >>Interesting reply. As for a watch I have never wore a watch and I really don't need one there but I do. Not a time watcher either.

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 20:22

Simplest solution Neb... Chuck the time pieces and invest in a good Rooster. Sun set guides the end of the day and whatever happens in between is "All Good".

NOTE ! If rooster is tossed in a pot, that "timepiece" will also fail, although might be tasty...

neb
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 20:50

Lol! That is the best advice yet. The rooster would last long out there so I will throw the clock away. Lol I like your thinking.

hattie
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 23:27

Quoting: Steve_S
If rooster is tossed in a pot, that "timepiece" will also fail, although might be tasty...

hahahahahaha!!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Oct 2015 12:48 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Neb--you need to retire and throw that clock AWAY!!!

when I retired I received a gold watch...then a year passed and got another one..just like in the mail..my name engraved...I like WTH..what the hell would I do with a watch. I put them BOTH in my desk drawer.

after I Retired --when I wake up I get up
when I get hungry I eat
when I get tired I nap
when I get sleepy I go to bed
have not set a clock in over 6 years....removed the one from my side of the bed.

creeky
# Posted: 4 Oct 2015 13:32

turkeyhunter, as a big fan of the spanish expression "how beautiful it is to spend the afternoon doing nothing and then go for a nap"
-- (Cervantes 1577) (ps. I just made that up, not the quote just the attribution)
I'm wit youze.

i do still check the clock on the computer. but usually to check what day it is.

and yup. roosters are tasty.

neb
# Posted: 4 Oct 2015 17:38

turkeyhunter>>>Oh I do like your thinking. I don't have many more pay checks left and my schedule will be like yours. LOL

I do use an alarm clock so I can make it to work. I also use one so I can get up at 4 in he morning to go hunting. I don't want to be late for that! Other then that I don't care really what time of the day it is. I have been taking time away from work and I forget what day it is and my time off goes so fast.

cabingal3
# Posted: 5 Oct 2015 12:02

Gary O had these certain pens he just loved to write with.coming up to this high altitude made the pens ink come out and explode n his shirt pockets.
maybe your alarm clock has something like that going on?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.