Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Full time or not full time
neb
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 18:07 - Edited by: neb

There may have been a thread started on this before But I couldn't find it.

Do you live full time at your cabin or use it as a get away?

For me I don't live there full time but could for 3 seasons. I would do it full time but my wife isn't an outdoors person very much. It isn't her and I'm totally opposite go figure. We been married 33 years and get along great but she isn't an outdoor person. I'm gone days at a time in the back country go fishing, hunting, trapping and hiking all the time and doesn't say a word. It works for us but would love to be at the (ranch) cabin full time but I know it won't happen. It could be worse!

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 18:37

Well, consider where she is happiest and then ponder what life would be like if she wasn't happy... After 33 years, I'm pretty certain you know the answers to those questions... If you don't, well, better find some more logs to carve and enjoy the Status Quo.

Am I Living in the cabin ? NOT YET But if everything works out and no more out of control issues arise then I should be moving in in November... Although the interior will still need finishing and detail work but it should be habitable. Once planted onto the property, you'll need a Cat D15 Dozer to drag me outta there.

neb
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 18:51

Lol! If the lady of the house isn't happy no one is happy.

I envy you and hope you make the deadline.

naturelover66
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:18

Well im a full time wanna be. Still. I have a five year plan tho. The horse barn was just built for my two horses.. Angel and dakota. I hope to add a room next spring... And it will be ready.The cabin is where my heart is.

neb
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:21

naturelover66 >> I thought you lived at the full time by now! I remember some of your old posts and thought you made the move. Glad you have a plan and hope it works out for you.

Just
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:28 - Edited by: Just

You are not alone neb ! They like the comforts of home, she has always been there when I get home so it's OK . O YES, ITS BEEN 48 YEARS.!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:36

Thanks Neb. Nope havent moved yet. The husband isnt ready. I told him if hes not ready in five years im going alone. Lol. 30 years in May. Marriage is ....interesting.
Lisa

hattie
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:38

Part time started in 2003 and full time since 2007. Never looked back!

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 19:43 - Edited by: Steve_S

Fortunately for me, I have this terrific Lady who isn't afraid of critters, beasties and Nature in Action... While she is City born & bred (Chicago), she was into scouting etc growing up, now she's escapes to Canada to be with me regularly and is amazingly At Home in the bush....

City Girl Acceptance Test: When the bladder is full and no "facilities" exist... Does she Complain & generate drama or does life just go on and you never know anything about the "nature calls" ? In my case... I never hear a peep, unless she's telling to chipmunks to mind their own business...

Married ? Did that once and such a nightmare that was both prior to & after her arrest & incarceration that I elected to never ever do that again... BUT that being said, I have the most amazing & wonderful Girlfriend for the past 5 years and I know there is quite a few more good years to come...

neb
# Posted: 9 Oct 2015 20:44

Quoting: Just
They like the comforts of home, she has always been there when I get home so it's OK .

Just>> That is funny! 48 years that is great you two were meant for each other.

naturelover66 >> you move he will follow!

Steve_S >> you have a keeper. The outdoors/cabin life isn't for everyone but it is hard for to realize what the people that don't experience are really missing.

hattie>> I bet you have never been happier.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 10 Oct 2015 02:46

I will be a full-timer. I want a simple life and I've never been a "high maintenance" type of gal. Go figure -- I may look like a girly-girl because I clean up fairly well when I wanta, lol, but I'm happiest when I'm playing in dirt and puttering around. I prefer working outside than doing housework ANYTIME!

My dream has never been to make oodles of money so I could buy a big house, do the country club thing, and live a rather boring urban/suburban life but that's what everyone I've dated wanted. Even, as it turned out, my ex, who was born and spent part of his childhood in Bend, Oregon, and enjoyed camping and such in our early years!

But I enjoy my own company, can't wait for my adventure to begin, and look forward to living in my a small cabin and a LOT of the natural world around me.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.