Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Deer Hunting NE
hueyjazz
# Posted: 15 Dec 2015 11:57

This year's deer hunting has been pitiful here in the Northeast. Temps have been mostly in the sixties. Deer bed down during the day and tend to move only at night.
This has given me hours to observe other wildlife.

So far I gotten to watch a Great Horned Owl. I've heard the owls around my camp but never saw one. They have a head the size of a small melon. When in flight they are pretty scarring but awesome. I could see a few cats getting missing.

While up on my ladder stand a fox sat twenty yards away from me and lick itself for ten minutes. It then proceeded to take a nap for twenty more. It woke, sniff and spotted me. It then hid behind the tree peeking out at me figuring when it would make it's run.
The best was a loud rumble coming through my woods. Understand my cabin is deep in thick hardwoods. What was this noise? Stumbling bear? No, four cows sprinted past my stand with no sign of slowing down. I climb a little higher in the tree just in case they took out the ladder.
I got out of the stand and went and got my truck figuring someone must be looking for these. Got to the road and found a guy on an ATV. Looking for cows? Why yes Well have I got a surprise for you.

bobrok
# Posted: 17 Dec 2015 16:25

I don't hunt, but I certainly appreciate viewing wildlife at our camp. We make so much noise when we're there I think we just scare away any of God's li'l creatures.

Our loss.

But a year ago there was a tremendous amount of logging done on our access road. This year a lot of the undergrowth has begun to come back. Every hunter I talk to in our club is looking forward to the arrival of deer in the coming years.

Me, too. But I'll be shooting my camera, though!

Just
# Posted: 17 Dec 2015 17:15

Quoting: bobrok
be shooting my camera

bob do you eat the film ?? lol

bobrok
# Posted: 17 Dec 2015 18:49

Hey, what's a missing proposition among friends?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.