Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Okay.. so do you...
jrbarnard
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 12:18

I know this is not a "how do I build" question, but I figured you all would have the same thoughts.. heh

btw, hello cabingirl and others.. heh. I have been quiet lately, building a new house has me super busy (no, "I" am not building it.. )

Anyway, how many of you get all "planny" when you are getting ready to go to your ranch or cabin?

That is my word of the day... "planny"... lol

I am like, "okay.. here's the menu.. blah blah blah"

Okay, to be honest.. I really only plan the cooking and the things I need to fix stuff.. heh

This weekend will be LOTS of cooking. The in-laws are comign for the first visit. So, going to do some burgers on Thursday with pablano peppers and cheddar cheese and bacon mixed in them. Then Friday fajitas and for Saturday, a smoked brisket with homemade beans and pies and buttermilk biscuits thrown in the mix.

I am going to weigh a ton after this weekend.. lol
I also got a new 15" cast iron skillet. Finally broke down and picked one up.

Projects entail building a fire pit and sending the kids on a scavenger hunt.

Russ
cabin1.jpg
cabin1.jpg

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 12:49

I am a big planner.

It starts at the cabin with four lists,one for town(immediate items usually ice and fresh food and beverages like beer and wine),one for next season(things I can buy in the city for less),and one construction related for next season.

The later lists are compiled at the cabin because we're there and it's easier to do it at that time instead of trying to figure out what we will be needing for the cabin when we are at our city home.

The forth list is food,it pretty much stays the same every year so I have made copies.

I have a designated area in my basement with shelving where I keep all my cabin things organized. So I'm not going crazy trying to find everything that needs to go to the cabin.

jrbarnard
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 12:56

Oh heck yea.. I keep the BLUE boxes with the "things" like towels that have been washed etc and they are re-stocked after each visit and set aside for the next visit... heh

When the new house is built, I will have a 1200 sq ft workshop to keep even more STUFF.. lol

Russ

MtnDon
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 13:21

Without planning 'large' we end up w/o something we need. One solution is to buy more duplicates; have one at home and at the cabin.

hattie
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 17:33

We live full time in our "cabin" but I can say that I think I keep the sticky note company in business. I love my sticky notes to use as reminders. Some say I plan too much, but it keeps my head clear and lets me better enjoy company when they come.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 17:33 - Edited by: skootamattaschmidty

I plan a lot too. Usually when we are at the cabin I make a list of things I need to bring up next time that I can pick up at home. Things like toiletries, food etc. When I'm at home I'm always planning my next project to complete when I'm on my next trip up. I buy all the required material etc before going up and I have a plan of what I want to accomplish when I'm there. As far as food goes, well heck I plan that too. I make a menu up then figure out what groceries I need to buy. So yah I guess I get all planny too!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 17:45

Chronic planner here I have a number of checklists to cover off items I need to bring, any preps as well as food and drinks.

Projects are also detailed in Evernote with material checklists and like skoota, I purchase most items in advance since the selection at the stores near the cabin is somewhat limited.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.