Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Temps this AM
Wilbour
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 07:38 - Edited by: Wilbour

Spent the night with both sleeping bags and was quite comfortable. When I woke I checked the thermometer. It said 2*C inside and 8*C outside. What? Was it that warm out there?

I put my glasses on (actually my safety glasses as they have cheater lenses) and realized it said minus 8*C outside.

Now with my buddy heater and my tank top heater blasting it's getting a whole lot warmer.

Gonna seriously look into a direct vent wall unit this fall.

Wilbour
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 07:40

Attached photo attempt 2
20160410_072746.jpg
20160410_072746.jpg

Wilbour
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 07:41

Attempt 3
20160410_072654.jpg
20160410_072654.jpg

Don_P
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 07:46

22*F in the VA Blue Ridge, we woke to snow yesterday although it warmed and left during the day. I think the chickens just got a short reprieve.

Steve_S
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 08:15

-14C when I got up this morning ! Supposed to hit +4C today... was -1 Yesterday...

The "white stuff" was almost all gone then we got that dump last week.... grmbl.... The current "Theory" is we've seen the last of it... do I believe it ? Not Really but still hopeful.

creeky
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 10:05

the only positive I can take out of this glorious holding on of the cold season is that it has allowed my front field to dry out a bit. now we're in for 15mm of rain. oh excellent.

of course. inside it's toasty and delightful with the sun pouring in the south windows. cuppa on the bed table.

Wilbour
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 17:09

Raced home a little early as they were talking about freezing rain this evening. That and my old 18v batteries are not holding the charge like they used to.

bldginsp
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 17:48

Warm and balmy in central California. Raining a bit- got a light storm blowing up from Hawaii with lots of warm air. Should really screw up the last of an excellent ski season in the mountains.

Hang tight guys- spring is headed your way

bobrok
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 18:39

I should have stayed put in Florida for another month as far as I'm concerned.

Wilbour
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 08:08

Ok, enough snow already!

Sheesh!

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 08:11

Don_P, where are you in the blue ridge of VA (generally)? Im in Shenandoah county... north end of the valley.

creeky
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 10:33

Quoting: bobrok
stayed put in Florida

I'm wit you'ze. This late spring is ...

Started tomato and eggplant seedlings yesterday in sunshine. Woke to snow.

Don_P
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 19:21

Rich, I'm down in Grayson Co, just above the NC line, Mt Rogers/ Grayson Highlands are in the western end of the county.

I think we hit around 70 today, quite breezy again. I haven't heard from the orchards on the escarpment down into the piedmont yet, apples should have been safe but cherries and pears were blooming. These unsettled conditions get the trees to open earlier than they should and then they get bitten.

I broke a small sweet birch limb while working yesterday, the sun was out, it warmed up. That thumb sized branch had a pretty steady drip going.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.