Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New Member
low277
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 10:17

Found this site a few weeks ago, I am closing on a property soon and am very interested in building a small cabin. Looking forward to learning and sharing information and experience with others here.

low277
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 10:21

Some background. I am in NW Minnesota and I work as an electrician, I have done electrical contracting, inspecting, and factory maintenance electrical work for 30 years.

Just
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 10:44

Welcome 77,, your expertise will be welcome also !!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 11:15

Welcome to the forum! Let us know how it goes and we're kinda big on pictures here so let's see what ya got ;)

neb
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 18:13

Welcome! Are you retired and heading for peace and isolation? Lol

Bevis
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 18:19

Welcome to the forum

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 28 Apr 2016 20:57

Almost have my 12x16 with loft done. Putting on the roof now.
Would like ac and 3-4-5 led lights. Have a Honda 3000 or yamaha 5000 wt generator in mind. What do you suggest?
May have a few other electricals too, like a ham radio too.

low277
# Posted: 29 Apr 2016 06:37

Not retired yet!! My retirement countdown app says just over 6 years to the first possible opportunity although I may stay longer.

Both Honda & Yamaha are good generators, I have owned Honda motorcycles and had a Yamaha EF2000 generator, it was a nice unit.

How big of an air conditioner? Compressors and/or motors can have a high starting current. I used the 2000 watt Yamaha as a back up for my house a few times. It was always during the heating season, but it would run my gas furnace as well as some lights and the refrigerator. It was just barely large enough to start the furnace fan, so once it started I switched the fan from auto to on. The running wattage was about 1/3 to 1/2 of the starting wattage.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 29 Apr 2016 21:31

Welcome Aboard low277 and lots of luck with the new build.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.