Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabinbuilder Appreciation Day
bldginsp
# Posted: 27 Jan 2017 18:43

Thought it might be a good thing for us all to say a word of thanks to the quiet person behind the scenes who makes it all possible.

I only have one suggestion for the site- getting a bit tired of those stupid 'Russian Bride' or 'find your true love' advertisements with pictures of scantily clad young maidens. I don't object to advertisements in general, but some of those ads border on tackiness, or go beyond. I don't know if you can filter those ads out and keep the others.

Anyway, thanks for the great site.

darz5150
# Posted: 27 Jan 2017 20:48

Quoting: bldginsp
thanks for the great site.

+1
Lots of good ideas, and lots of questions answered here.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 27 Jan 2017 20:58

You do a great job cabinbuilder. This site is # 1.

Steve_S
# Posted: 27 Jan 2017 21:49

Indeed ! A big Thanks to cabin builder and all the other participants that make this a Community.

neb
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 08:48

Thank you.

naturelover66
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 09:13

Thanks Cabinbuilder. You rock!!!

fiftyfifty
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 09:29

"getting a bit tired of those stupid 'Russian Bride' or 'find your true love' advertisements with pictures of scantily clad young maidens"

Hmmm. I haven't had a single add like that. My current add is from George Washington University encouraging me to pursue a Master's in Legislative Affairs. Perhaps the adds are targeted based on a person's interests

Salty Craig
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 10:35

fiftyfifty
BOOM!!!!!

Mine is Honda Pilots

RckyMtnHi
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 10:50

If you really want to show some appreciation, click on a few of those ads you speak of

Thanks for the site Cabinbuilder. Much knowledge here, good people... and a great diversion from all the partisan chatter that currently saturates every corner of the web.

DRR
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 11:50

Darn! Then I must be a dirty old man! HA!

On a more serious note, thanks to all that make this site what it is. I truly enjoy coming here.

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 12:59

+1 and TY to CB!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 16:48

Absolutely...Thanks Cabin Builder! This site has provided years of info...and entertainment (Gary O...you out there???) If I'm not mistaken your a fellow crazy Ontarion with a cabin in the Bancroft area which tops it all!

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 16:52

Thanks!

vtbros
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 17:40

Thanks cabin builder and to all the contributors. I enjoy this forum every day.

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 19:19

Quoting: fiftyfifty
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 09:29
Reply Quote

"getting a bit tired of those stupid 'Russian Bride' or 'find your true love' advertisements with pictures of scantily clad young maidens"

Hmmm. I haven't had a single add like that. My current add is from George Washington University encouraging me to pursue a Master's in Legislative Affairs. Perhaps the adds are targeted based on a person's interests

Yes, it could be that I clicked on one or the other of those kinds of sites in the past (purely scientific purposes, of course), and now I'm paying the price because Google kept a record of the fact that I did that so now they assault me with those ads. In which case there's nothing Cabinbuilder can do about it. Maybe I should just marry a Russian bride and be done with it

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 19:47

I dont get any adds, must be my Kaspersky working. I used to get them. If I posted about Honda generators in here, (((booom))) Honda generator adds. I think it knows whats in my Amazon cart too.

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 19:49

Big brother is watching you

Salty Craig
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 22:03

Look at some travel stuff. I had Hawaii ads for a looong time.

bldginsp Russian bride would be fine. Especially if she couldn't argue with you in English!!

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 22:23

Those cookie crumbs will get you every time.
Sweep frequently.

Gary O
# Posted: 28 Jan 2017 23:20

Quoting: bushbunkie
This site has provided years of info...and entertainment (Gary O...you out there???)

Yup, still 'out there’…by the grace of CB……aaand my recent cherubic ways.

Y’know what I particularly like about this site?
The quote process.
Highlight the part you want
Hit quote

Easy peasy

Been here awhile
Made some friends
And a not too distant neighbor now

Anyway, don’t know who the mods are, don’t really care.
And no PMs are kinda nice (if you wanna hook up, you will).

CB does what he must
I’d hate to be saddled with site duties

Keep a fire, CB

Steve_S
# Posted: 29 Jan 2017 06:49

Gee and all I see is that Lysol Advert but have seen the Photoshopped "Asian Girlfriend" ad....

Want to loose the Cookies, Tracking and other nefarious junk... Use CCLeaner from Piriform https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I have used their products for over 10 years and everything works as advertised and No Garbage or phooey. DO A Advanced / Manual Install as I think it may attempt to install Chrome (could be speccy that tries that). The FREE Tools work fully.

paulz
# Posted: 29 Jan 2017 20:46

So that explains these Beano ads.

Thanks Cabinbuilder!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.