- Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabin Music
OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 17 Mar 2017 22:31 - Edited by: OutdoorFanatic

Lets hear it.

https://youtu.be/x1v05llOwBk

Mr RoC
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 06:32 - Edited by: Mr RoC

When we leave the city for a weekend or a week at our cabin, the moment we turn onto the un-maintained road leading to our cabin we turn off the car radio and listen to nothing on the cabin radio during our stay.

The music we listen to is the natural sounds coming from the forest and wooded area surrounding our cabin. That's sweet music to our ears.

sayhey
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 08:34

I sometimes crank up the turntable and listen to Jeff Beck or Cream or CCR or Dylan or Neil Young.
But last time we were up at the cabin I cranked Richie Havens Freedom from Woodstock
This only happens after we have enjoyed the birds, deer,turkeys ETC

creeky
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 09:24

Oh. The link to sierra hull disappeared. Hey she's really good. I sent the link to some friends who are real mandolin, um, players.

I like a lot of different kinds of music. But lately I heard Charging Horse Singers. A Canadian drum and singers group. I don't know what it is but their, I think its called "coyote" voice. Every time he calls in it just makes me laugh.

Saw them live. they are amazing. Real renaissance going on in this music space it seems. Or maybe I'm just noticing.

The bird migration stalled with the return of the cold. But with this warm week I think the birds'll be back full on.

buckybuck
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 09:51

In southeast Ohio, we're lucky to have the Fur Peach Ranch as a neighbor. Owned by Jorma Kaukonen, guitarist for Jefferson Airplane, he runs a guitar camp there and holds weekly concerts, which air live on Friday nights on the Ohio University radio station. For that matter, that station always plays a great, eclectic selection of music in the evening.

Or sometimes I'll stream early Jonathan Edwards music, because he lived in the area when he wrote his early songs and the lyrics contain references to nearby places. Sometimes Elle King, who, even though she doesn't go out of her way to mention it, grew up in a little community (Wellston) just down the the road from my cabin, and John Hartford, just because he was so great.

spoofer
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 09:53

NPR or music off an iPod. I think it has 3600 songs on it. Just hit Shuffle.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 12:51

Bucky, what county are you in? We are in Athens County Canaan Township. Had no idea about Jefferson airplane. Very cool!

buckybuck
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 13:20 - Edited by: buckybuck

My cabin's in Vinton County. Fur Peach Ranch is just down the road from you on the way to Pomeroy. I think there's even an exit sign for it on US 33.

manny
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 19:47

Bluegrass, Bluegrass ,Bluegrass. A little Bill Monroe. A touch of Ricky Scagges,..Some Ronda Vincent. Sit back ,a cold beer , Star lit night

DaveBell
# Posted: 18 Mar 2017 22:32 - Edited by: DaveBell

I bookmarked that link ODF. That was nice.
However, my journey and purpose is the same as MrRoc.

When I leave the burbs for a weekend or a week at my property, I travel down highways, to secondary roads, to country roads, to the two mile un-maintained road leading to my property next to a 3,000 acre WMA and listen to nothing then on except the natural sounds coming from the forest. That's sweet music to my ears.

Then, Saturday morning I let the bears know I'm there by playing a few selections by AC/DC while having my coffee. (bears don't like AC/DC) Then it's back to the sweet sounds of nature. Ahhhhh.

frankpaige
# Posted: 19 Mar 2017 19:26

Coyotes yapping at night. Sound of NO mosquitoes.
I even tend to not hear the ringing in my ears. Yes, I am old

Shadyacres
# Posted: 19 Mar 2017 19:34

When I do listen to music , it is Vinyl Classic Rock on I Heart. But I would much rather hear whippoorwills , peepers , coyotes etc.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Mar 2017 20:56

Quoting: Mr RoC
When we leave the city for a weekend or a week at our cabin, the moment we turn onto the un-maintained road leading to our cabin we turn off the car radio and listen to nothing on the cabin radio during our stay.

The music we listen to is the natural sounds coming from the forest and wooded area surrounding our cabin. That's sweet music to our ears.

I do the same thing, no radios at all. Ok, I bring a ham radio from time to time. But that is different.

Cowracer
# Posted: 20 Mar 2017 09:09

I have everything from Josh Groban to Eminem on my playlist. I'm not a huge music aficionado, but I'll let the system thump from time to time.

Tim

Borrego
# Posted: 20 Mar 2017 22:45

Mostly country for me, or Folk/Americana.....it seems to go with the desert country that we inhabit....Anyone listen to Tom Russell? Love the album 'Cowboys/Indians/Dogs/Horses'

nscampgirl
# Posted: 7 Sep 2017 00:22

I have a "Lake Living " playlist on my iPad and a great little Sony Bluetooth speaker-mix includes lots of modern and classic country-we all seem to like the older as the evening goes on! Also CCR, Lynrd, select pop anthems, local music from The Stanfield's, as well other East Coast/Maritime faves like Barrett's Privateers for late night sing alongside with cold beverages!

rockies
# Posted: 7 Sep 2017 21:28

Classical. Try sitting out in the middle of nowhere with Mozart playing. The animals will come towards you rather than running away (there's not enough country between me and country music lol).

Borrego
# Posted: 7 Sep 2017 21:48

I recently was given one of these by a friend and it is one of the best sound machines I've ever heard...the bass response is incredible, it is Bluetooth capable and wireless...with a 5 hour battery as well....go listen to one if you're in the market for a music player!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/harman-kardon-onyx-studio-3-portable-bluetooth-speaker-b lack/5340800.p?skuId=5340800

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 11 Sep 2017 04:02

Quoting: DaveBell
Then, Saturday morning I let the bears know I'm there by playing a few selections by AC/DC while having my coffee. (bears don't like AC/DC) Then it's back to the sweet sounds of nature. Ahhhhh.

Hahaha. Awesome.

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
I do the same thing, no radios at all. Ok, I bring a ham radio from time to time. But that is different.

Careful..... that "Ham" radio may get the bears all excited ;)

ICC
# Posted: 11 Sep 2017 10:06

Pandora. Love the way their software finds other artists similar to the name you enter. I have an eclectic mix of artists lists.. Their paid online service allows building an offline library on an Android. I think it works on iOS too, but does not allow offline on the PC version. It is in their proprietary format so you have to maintain the subcription. It's one of my splurges.

I use an Huawei Android tablet that also has my 3297 track collection. Play it through a Fugoo Bluetooth speaker. Great volume and super battery life. They claim 40 hours at half volume. I never keep track but I believe them. Has a battery capacity indicator. Waterproof and dustproof too.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 11 Sep 2017 13:39

Main reason we have satellite radio is to have music while driving to cabin. But as most other here have noted, the natural sounds from around the cabin are what we value most.
No radio at cabin other than for emergency purposes.

We original thought we were leaving the city for the quiet of the country. Turns out come night time the noise of the peepers is at 11 on the sound dial.

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 11 Sep 2017 14:13

Quoting: ICC
I think it works on iOS too

The offline works on my iPhone. Its nice to have when camping for 5-6 days with my brother and his family..... sometimes music is better than listening to the kids complain haha. I get 3 offline stations and enough music to last a long night before it starts sounding repetitive.

Rdkng07
# Posted: 11 Sep 2017 22:07

I like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTEB-1nayT0

shelleywang
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 04:03

Yeah.. this is the style i love.

Nicholas666
# Posted: 29 Nov 2017 10:37

WOOW! This one is great! Thanks!

jjlrrw
# Posted: 7 Dec 2017 12:40 - Edited by: jjlrrw

Once off the gravel road and on the 8 miles of dirt it's this song with a cold one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

uberjason
# Posted: 13 Dec 2017 21:41

The Beatles, Neil Young, CSN&Y, The Black Keys, Junior Kimbrough, many many more.

Borrego
# Posted: 13 Dec 2017 22:30

Quoting: jjlrrw
Once off the gravel road and on the 8 miles of dirt it's this song with a cold one

Hehehe, yeah baby, Steve Earle!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.