Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Countertop induction cooktops
KinAlberta
# Posted: 26 May 2017 10:38

Anyone try one of those cheap portable induction cooktops out at their cabin?

RiverCabin
# Posted: 26 May 2017 14:04

I have one and absolutely love it.

Keeping in form to the site, my cabin is small and my countertop space is limited. That being said I love the fact that I can pop my cooktop out of a cupboard or drawer and use it and then store it away. In addition, it boils water faster than any other stovetop I've seen. My wife and I are so impressed that when we remodel our kitchen at home, we are going with a full induction cooktop.

I would not recommend the cheap "As seen on TV" induction cooktops as I have heard they don't last. That being said, below is the cooktop I use and at $40 I wouldn't call it expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Nesco-PIC-14-Portable-Induction-1500-watt/dp/B007B64O0S/ref=sr _1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495821673&sr=8-1&keywords=nesco+induction

As a warning, if you have solar, you may want to avoid an induction cooktop. The difference in usage compared with a standard electric element is negligible. In other words, they are electric hogs.

ICC
# Posted: 26 May 2017 14:25

Induction is about 10% more efficient than a tradition electric cooktop and about twice as efficient as gas. Make sure your pots and pans are compatible for the induction cooktop.

rockies
# Posted: 26 May 2017 20:21

http://www.bestinductioncooktopguide.com/portable-induction-cooktop/

creeky
# Posted: 26 May 2017 22:07

I use one. Especially nice during the summer as it doesn't heat up the kitchen like gas.

As i'm on solar I only use the lower to mid settings to avoid tripping my inverter. 600 will get water to a boil quickly. Then I turn it down to simmer.

I used it with lead acid if the battery was charged and the sun was out. With lithium I can use it any time.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.