Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Small-Cabin site problem ?
Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 08:31

Good Day...

OK, for several days - maybe a week or more even, I have been getting this (see below) repeatedly when attempting to access this site. Sometimes I get on OK but when replying to a post, sometimes this also pops up and eats the post too.... Very Annoying indeed, especially once you spend 30+ minutes bashing a response out. Certainly puts the Ruckus Stuckus in your Frickus Fruckus !

I've cleared my browser cache files directly & with CCleaner too.. scanned & cleaned Pc in every way... (although I am a tad nuts about that anyways) and nothing seems to resolve it. It's not consistent but is frequent - maybe 1/2 the time.

There are times when the website won't respond at all but that's rare and I assumed it was during a maintenance cycle (like a backup or something) was running... Dunno if that would have anything to do with it, shouldn't.

BTW: Windows 10, with MS Edge and NO I won't change browser over it, this is a new issue and it works fine everywhere else for all other things.
access error
access error

DaveBell
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 08:42

Good detailed post Steve, thanks.
The INET fail is related to the MS browser.
I guess you Googled that already.
I use Firefox.

PA_Bound
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 09:39

Quoting: Steve_S
with MS Edge and NO I won't change browser over it

There is your first problem- you have to be flexible when it comes to browsers. I work in corporate I.T. and we run into different websites and web applications all the time that don't work with certain browsers. Some browsers are better than others, but none work with everything so it pays to have multiple browsers installed on your desktop to help troubleshoot issues like you describe. Just this morning I worked on a application issue that was resolved by switching browsers to Chrome.

I've used I.E. 11 to access the site almost daily, and for 5 years or more, all without the issue you describe. Will you at least try another browser and see if it resolves your access issue?

Tonerboy
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 09:42

Next to IE, Edge has got to be the worst browser ever.

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 13:05

erf... - hardware board level design (Control Data Corp) to Core Network Software engineering for 25 years.... also wrote special / custom Award & Pheonix BIOS for National Defence and DOC Sec Comms back in the day... I know my way around a PC...

PA_Bound
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 15:09

Yet, no offense, you still won't simply try another browser? People have been accessing this site for years, and while there have been issues resolved over time nobody else seems to be experiencing your failure. You're an engineer... what does that suggest?

BTW... 32 years in I.T.- the last 20 with computer hardware and software development companies listed on the Fortune 50 . I know something also.

DaveBell
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 16:25

Alright! A Cred-Thread.
BSCS, MSSE, and thrown out of bars in Moscow, Panama, and Sydney.

Quoting: PA_Bound
You're an engineer... what does that suggest?

Steve is the single point of failure?

naturelover66
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 19:58

Lol! You guys are killin me...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.