Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Stove installation
lindenknight
# Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:35

Hi Y'all....I am getting ready to install a Williams Console stove in my cabin. I have 2 ways to vent 1. Straight out the back, through the wall, and then up or 2. Out the back, up the inside of the room, then elbow through the wall and up the outside. Going straight out takes up less room but going up and then out would allow me to capture the heat that would radiate from the vent pipe. Opinions?

drb777
# Posted: 12 Feb 2018 13:00 - Edited by: drb777

I had the same choice to make when I installed the gas DV stove shown below.
As you can see, I chose 4' vertical inside, then out, mostly because of a more traditional look.
From the outside you'll need to consider the look and practicality, to me it didn't fit or even look correct (to have external vertical section).
Like you, my factory instructions said either way was functionally correct. But after 3 years of use, I'm glad I went with an interior vertical section.
Vermont Casting DV stove
Vermont Casting DV stove

drb777
# Posted: 12 Feb 2018 13:15

Exterior photo, DV gas stove venting.
Unobtrusive vent cap shown, nice not having to support any exterior stacks.
Exterior DV gas vent
Exterior DV gas vent

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.