Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone ever use a pressure washer with an L5 heater?
paulz
# Posted: 3 Mar 2018 13:04

I think I read somewhere that you're not supposed to run hot water through a DeWalt pressure washer, why I don't know. How about after the pressure washer, would that blow the L5 up? Need to wash some greasy machinery, hot water sure cuts through better.

cspot
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 16:19

I would think that it wouldn't be good. I think the water heater is only reated for 80 PSI.

FishHog
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 19:44

Most home pressure washers have a plastic pump. Hot water and plastic don’t work for long. I’d get a good degreaser

Cowracer
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 21:21

I bought a cheap-ass electric Karcher pressure washer about 7 years ago only to degrease a nasty diesel engine before pulling out of the truck. Nothing cuts thru grease like hot water, so I hooked it up to the hot water spigot for the washing machine, and set the thermostat on the water heater as high as it would go. I figured that it would be a one-and-done thing, but worth it to not have to deal with that nasty grease. And it worked great. A half-gallon or Simple Green and 3 or 4 tanks full of hot water and it was squeaky clean.

That unit is still in my garage, working like a champ and I've done the hot-water thing with it a good dozen times since then. I know everyone says hot water will ruin a cheap pressure washer, but so far mine has not suffered any adverse effects.

Tim

razmichael
# Posted: 4 Mar 2018 21:41

Other thing to keep in mind if you want to run it with hot water from the L5, you may not actually have enough flow to kick in the burner - pressure washers use much less actual flow/water than a plain hose (ever tried to fill up a bucket from the PW?). Might work but likely you would need to really set it up for a low flow situation.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.