Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Advice on greenhouse kits.
dixie53
# Posted: 17 Apr 2018 14:51

I've been looking at small, 8x12ish, greenhouse kits and there are so many, does anyone have any recommendations, I'de like a good quality that will last for years.

rockies
# Posted: 17 Apr 2018 21:46

It depends on your climate, what you want to grow, and how long you want to extend the natural growing season.

One of the best designs I saw was from Mother Earth News (which was based on a plan by Mike Oehler), but you have to dig it into the side of a hill. The great thing about his design is that there is a "cold sink" under the walking platform (in front of the raised growing beds). This cold sink allows cold air at night to drop down below the level of the plants and really lengthens the growing season.

https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Sheltered-Solar-Greenhouse-Book/dp/0960446400/ref=sr_1_3 ?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386169017&sr=1-3&keywords=mike+oehler

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.