Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Share Your Outhouse Pics
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
Just
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 16:44

all very nice, but in canada we need more direction !!!
place feet hea....
place feet hea....
standard  101
standard 101

Gary O
# Posted: 15 Feb 2011 20:36 - Edited by: Gary O

Well it looks like outhouses are like behinds, eveyone here has one.
Ours is your standard poopail depository.
We graduated from trudging out to a distant secluded clump of trees, shovel and TP in hand, to a couple 2Xs between trees and a tarp, to the greenhouse.
However, in consideration of all these remarkable edifices, I like steveqvs the best, 'cause he built with untapped talent (like when I attempt a shot at framemaker without an I.T. lookin' over my shoulder).
Loo-ville
Loo-ville
Poopail Haus
Poopail Haus

pengchloe
# Posted: 16 Feb 2011 01:32

here is my outhouse.. how is it
my out house
my out house

bugs
# Posted: 16 Feb 2011 10:01

Great Pengchloe

If it functions safely, does not pinch the bottom and has a view then it is great.

Really enjoying this thread. Much more fun than the outhouses of the world type books etc. cause these are outhouses of "our forum friends".

hattie
# Posted: 16 Feb 2011 11:32

Quoting: pengchloe
here is my outhouse.. how is it

Holey Underwear Batman...That's a BIG outhouse. *grin* You could keep some chickens in there too. *S*

Just
# Posted: 16 Feb 2011 11:49

i was thinking about adding a 250 watt red heat bulb for a quick warmup on a cold winters night ...we only have one large battery so there would be no reading allowed !!!! any one ever try it ???

steveqvs
# Posted: 16 Feb 2011 20:02

Quoting: Gary O
However, in consideration of all these remarkable edifices, I like steveqvs the best, 'cause he built with untapped talent (like when I attempt a shot at framemaker without an I.T. lookin' over my shoulder).

aww, shucks Gary O I doubt you would say such a nice thing if you had to use my outhouse! :)

Here is some artwork I laminated and hung inside the outhouse.
OUTHOUSE_cartoon__t.jpg
OUTHOUSE_cartoon__t.jpg

Gary O
# Posted: 17 Feb 2011 09:41 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: steveqvs
Here is some artwork I laminated and hung inside the outhouse.

COL!
When I saw that one awhile back (farside? I can't remember), I almost showed the wife, then re-thought.

Quoting: steveqvs
doubt you would say such a nice thing if you had to use my outhouse

Any outhouse is a good outhouse.
When we started our cabin build, nature would inevitably call from time to time. The wife would (without lament) trudge off to seclusion. When the urge for me was imminent, we had to make a trip to town for supplies. Not sure if she ever caught on.

I did, however, manage to make quite a creative edifice in the snow one cold morn.............
So, yeah, steveqvs,I'd gladly use your outhouse, or even FPW's 'open air' throne, singing back to the birds, with accompanyment of the bassoon section

steveqvs
# Posted: 17 Feb 2011 15:53

Nice!

samoni
# Posted: 20 Feb 2011 18:24

our outhouse ;)
roof being lifted on
roof being lifted on
outhouse4.jpg
outhouse4.jpg
and at the property all pretty covered in snow
and at the property all pretty covered in snow

hattie
# Posted: 20 Feb 2011 18:55

Wow that is a pretty outhouse samoni. Nice work!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 20 Feb 2011 19:13

Quoting: samoni
our outhouse ;)

Oh....thought it was indoor plumbing......it's about the size of our tiny cabin.......

Serious now, very very nice

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 04:05

bugs.pretty nice 3 pc.set up there. we need to get our solar shower going.love the idea of the sink.its great.

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 04:07

bushbunkie
love the utility sink.dog gone good idea.

Gary O
# Posted: 28 Feb 2011 22:17

For those on the 'move'
Your Basic MPV
Your Basic MPV

samoni
# Posted: 1 Mar 2011 14:24

Quoting: Gary O

For those on the 'move'

brilliant!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Mar 2011 00:07

Well, I cheated. Bought a brand new Tufway 150 from http://www.satelliteindustries.com
Add a porch on it.
can1.jpg
can1.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 2 Mar 2011 07:08

toyota mdt tech.............nice crapper w/porch..........."them set out pines looks like gawja"

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 20:38

Whats gawja??? :D

They are Ponderosa pines. Its lag bolted to 2 huge 8X8 wolmanzied timbers (about rail road tie size) and semi buried into the ground to shore it up. They extended past the end and so I added the porch.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Mar 2011 21:36 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Whats gawja??? :D

gawja...........aka Georgia.... :-)

we have slash pines and long leaf pines here.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 09:16

Quoting: turkeyhunter
gawja...........aka Georgia.... :-)

we have slash pines and long leaf pines here.

Oh, in the pine family here, native pines here is the silver pine, lower elevation, eastern side of my state, much drier and elevation from 3000 to 4500 is prime Ponderosa pine area (my cabin location) and from above 4500 feet, we have the lodgepole pines. Also tome Tamarack (western larch) which looks like an evergreen that loses its needles.

We have lots of douglas fir, western red cedars, hemlocks and englemann spruce for evergreens. They are in western Wa or eastern in higher elevations.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 09:19

Quoting: turkeyhunter

toyota mdt tech.............nice crapper w/porch........

Hey, ity had to be a pleasant expereince if the wife was going to come up. I keep it clean and spotless inside, and add lots of water to help break things down. And some nice smelly stuff to toss into the tank. Its got a urinal, coat hook, able to lock it, nice locking paper roll holder, vent stack, fly tight... I would of taken lots of labor and cost would of been comparable. Buying the new plastic can just made sense to me.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 17:22

[
Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Hey, ity had to be a pleasant expereince if the wife was going to come up. I keep it clean and spotless inside, and add lots

I hear yah! Great idea, Toyota.

BlaineHill
# Posted: 14 Mar 2011 18:58

This outhouse was on the property when I bought the place. Really horrible. I think someone made it out of a single sheet of OSB, dug a pit the size of a bucket and nailed it to a tree. I almost tipped it over trying to get the door open. I never even tried to use it. Yeah ... I need to build a new one. Maybe next time I am out there I will knock the plastic roof off just to help nature take it back.
outhouse1.jpg
outhouse1.jpg
outhouse2.jpg
outhouse2.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 14 Mar 2011 20:59

blainehill, on a good cool night , have a outhouse campfire, BUT DO NOT ROAST HOTDOGS at this campfire. :-)

TomChum
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 11:32 - Edited by: TomChum

Here's my cedar outhouse. At 5 months old, it still smells like cedar inside. I'm working on that but cedar is stiff competition in the beginning. Over time I am certain to prevail.

Cedar outhouse

Outside dimensions: 32"wide, 36"deep. Walls are 2x4s in the 1.5 direction. Looking at hundreds of outhouses(search "outhouse" in Google Images) I decided that I wanted it to look 'quaint'. However, if I could do it again I would consider 2 inches bigger to be well within the goal of 'quaint'.

FYI there is another outhouse thread called What do you use for your off the grid toilet?

manny
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 13:58

This is our little place 4u2p
DSCF0145_001.jpg
DSCF0145_001.jpg

TomChum
# Posted: 4 Apr 2011 12:02

"Nuff said"
"Nuff said"
"Nuff said"

nicalisa
# Posted: 7 Apr 2011 21:02 - Edited by: nicalisa

temp outhouse structure right now. sort of a "poop", shower and shave space....

this will become the shower only with the addition of cedar fence panels for walls and the composting toilet will go in a separate building.
DSC04477.JPG
DSC04477.JPG

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Apr 2011 21:07

Quoting: nicalisa
temp outhouse structure right now

rustic but in CLASSY kind way!!!!!.i like it!!!!!!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.