Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Share Your Outhouse Pics
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 19:48

Thanks for the great laugh bugs! I LOVE that sign!

skootamataschmidty
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 08:51

Here is my outhouse with a composting toilet inside. It is built out over a ravine for the bottom unit to be placed underneath.
outhouse 1
outhouse 1
inside of outhouse
inside of outhouse
composting unit
composting unit

skootamataschmidty
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 19:20

This unit was inside the cottage but I was never happy with the performance, hence the transfer to an outside outhouse.
Outhouse 1
Outhouse 1
Outhouse 2
Outhouse 2
Outhouse 3
Outhouse 3

skootamataschmidty
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 19:22

In the second picture you can see my Coleman on demand hot water heater. I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and the pump from the Coleman unit is placed inside it. You turn the unit on and you have hot water to wash your hands. Works great. I have a pop up trailer at this spot used as my guest house and those that use it can also wash up with hot water.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 6 Nov 2012 16:07

This one is from Blaine Hill Cabin Project

Outhouse Pit Base and panels assembled and primed Completed Outside Completed Inside

insane angler
# Posted: 6 Nov 2012 17:01

this is my out house/ storage shed @ my off grid wilderness property.
pic shed
pic shed

TomChum
# Posted: 6 Nov 2012 17:40

Storage, huh? Well I'm kind of a packrat too, and granted it's all still there but........

insane angler
# Posted: 6 Nov 2012 17:43

I use what river rafters call a "rocket box" for solid waste, then pack it out with me when I leave. I have yet to build my cabin(may 2013) so I leave all my tent camping stuff-lantern, heater, tarps, tent,etc in the shed when I leave so I dont have to pack it all back everytime I go there.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 9 Dec 2012 01:49

here's an exterior photo . . .matches the bunkie and the main cabin. . .
pics_002.jpg
pics_002.jpg

SE Ohio
# Posted: 31 Dec 2012 15:10

All clean and spiffy with winter salt-water mix. Fresh snow in Ohio makes for a good view, but temperatures make you want to limit the experience...
An Outhouse In Winter...
An Outhouse In Winter...

Rossman
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:34

Some real nice outhouses on here.

I recall seeing someone's that was the style of an A-frame in another thread here, really struck me, and think I will do the same this spring/summer on our property!

jaransont3
# Posted: 3 Jan 2013 21:01 - Edited by: jaransont3

Just joined up. Here are some pics of our privy in Northern MN.

Buried 500 gal Ball Septic Tank. MN requires vaulted privies

Vent stack installed

House installed. Will get sided to match cabin when cabin gets sided

Simple white interior. Need to add a couple of small screened windows still

Not too far from the cabin....about 25' from the back corner

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:35 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

This the the "pooper" from mytee's thread.
pooper
pooper

TWilliams
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 18:38 - Edited by: TWilliams

We had to temporarily move our Outhouse out of the way so we could move our trailer off our building site... wont be doing that again anytime soon!
outhouse.jpg
outhouse.jpg

missouriboy
# Posted: 6 Feb 2013 16:27

Here are a couple of pictures of my outhouse. The tin was from an old barn we tore down.
Outhouse
Outhouse
Inside
Inside

Dekagoldwingers
# Posted: 6 Feb 2013 19:39 - Edited by: Dekagoldwingers

Here is ours. Built at home then took it to the site, where we then shingled it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

stevexac
# Posted: 8 Feb 2013 21:32

Couple of years old, but wanted to jump in.
crapper.jpg
crapper.jpg
crapper2.jpg
crapper2.jpg

TomChum
# Posted: 9 Feb 2013 12:47 - Edited by: TomChum

Let me count the ways how we love our outhouses..... but you Steve are definitely the FIRST to mention jumping in!

BaconCreek
# Posted: 12 Feb 2013 08:20

New to forum. This is our compost outhouse we built last year and we are currently building our cabin behind the deck pictured in the background.
outhouse_March_017.J.jpg
outhouse_March_017.J.jpg

ClimberKev
# Posted: 15 Feb 2013 15:46

Solar powered outhouse with turbine vent exhaust and compost toliet. The turbine works great to keep air moving when power is turned off. The only issue we've had are wrens trying to build nests in the vent. Solution: attached wren house right below turbine...everyone is happy.
Phone_1913_095.jpg
Phone_1913_095.jpg
Composter.jpg
Composter.jpg

SE Ohio
# Posted: 5 Mar 2013 14:33 - Edited by: SE Ohio

The trials and tribulations of an outhouse in the woods. Aspen tree fell and literally shattered the vent pipe into dozens of pieces. Metal vent cap was deformed into unusable scrap. Local hardware store had 4" replacement pipe. With a 90 it should make a good periscope for my submarine conning tower potty project!

(replacement pipe shown laying on ground)
Tree shatters vent pipe
Tree shatters vent pipe

ClimberKev
# Posted: 5 Mar 2013 14:55

Looks like it could have been worse.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 6 Mar 2013 10:26

Being inside when the tree hit would cure constipation.

ClimberKev
# Posted: 6 Mar 2013 10:33

I just saw a story about a guy who left the door open while using his outhouse in Alaska and was pulled out and attacked my a Grizzly bear. Like I said, it could have been worse.

kdrtk
# Posted: 7 Mar 2013 08:22 - Edited by: kdrtk

Having used both the bench style and cone style outhouse toilet I was determined to get a cone style. After searching everywhere on the internet, etc. I came up with a stainless steel cone in the U.S for > $1,000, a plastic cone from Africa, or a fiberglass cone from Whitehorse in the Yukon Territories. Went with the fiberglass model, they were nice and helpful when I bought it, and we have loved it. farnorthfiberglass.com

Other Comments - proper underfloor cross venting results in almost no smell in the house. Have white fiberglass roof panels which lets alot of light through. Had some flies in the hole the first winter so put a screened cap on top of the vent pipe. We also keep a piece of cardboard over the hole/under the seat to keep condensation off the seat, which you remove, of course, when you use the toilet.
DSCN4102.jpg
DSCN4102.jpg
DSCN4103.jpg
DSCN4103.jpg
DSCN4104.jpg
DSCN4104.jpg

SubArcticGuy
# Posted: 2 Apr 2013 02:05

It is not at the cabin...but here is an outhouse I built for the local whitewater paddlers. We have some of the best whitewater kayaking in the world right out our door. It does need a new coat of stain this year though...It narrowly escaped death by spruce this winter.
Bad Tree
Bad Tree
All Fixed
All Fixed
Bug Screen
Bug Screen

jaransont3
# Posted: 2 Apr 2013 09:52 - Edited by: jaransont3

I have posted pictures of our outhouse before, but I liked this one from our trip to the cabin last week.

It is official now. We added the moon shaped screened window to the door.

BTW, I carved a seat from some rigid pink foam and it got the seal approval from Jill. Much more comfortable, temperature-wise, than the standard wooden or plastic seats.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 28 Apr 2013 14:28 - Edited by: SE Ohio

Tis the season for wasps to make nest in outhouses! I found two nests, one was by the T.P. Could have been an unpleasant surprise... Attached photo was from the kids playhouse. Also found a nest under the tricycle seat!
Wasps abound
Wasps abound

Montanagirl
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 20:14

Just back from a fun 4th of July weekend!
outhouse.jpg
outhouse.jpg
outhouse_jeep.jpg
outhouse_jeep.jpg

hattie
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 13:11

I LOVE your outhouse Montanagirl. Especially love the poster, "Go where few have gone before". *ROTFL* Did you make that or buy it somewhere?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.