Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / January storm in the Northeast!
Janemarie
# Posted: 18 Jan 2019 23:10

I am planning to enjoy this heavy snow storm in our cabin, which is turning out to be a sheer joy. The predictions for our region of central New York are about 25 - 30" and I think this sounds like a lot of fun to be in the cabin. Anyone else have similar plans? Am I an idiot? I have wood, food, and water (and wine).

deercula
# Posted: 19 Jan 2019 08:10

You go girl! Be sure to get outside and post a few photos. The winter can be a great time to enjoy hunkering down at your cabin. Sitting around the fire with a book, coffee, or glass of wine is one of cabin life's simple pleasures. The feelings of safety and security during a storm gives you that "Happy Place" state of mind that we all enjoy.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 20 Jan 2019 16:48

An idiot? Far from it, that's brilliant plan, that's what escape pods (ie cabins) are for!

obtusemoose399
# Posted: 21 Jan 2019 15:10

How was it!?

hueyjazz
# Posted: 21 Jan 2019 18:40

We weathered out storm at cabin on a mountain top on western NY. We only got 12" of snow there and our city house got 20". But driving there was a pleasure.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 22 Jan 2019 21:24

Just look out at all the snow, toss another log onto the fire, have a nice big bowl of hearty beef stew, after dinner, sip on a nice mug of hot chocolate and find a nice reading material.

old greybeard
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 10:00

Our cabin got 15" in this storm, on top of a mountain.
Last year we would have went up. This year a dui driver hit and totaled my truck, which was set up with 4 chains with welded v bars. Would have came down thru the snow no issue. Our other 4x4 needs "S" clearance chains, don't have the faith in it, so no deep snow trips this year.

deercula
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 15:19 - Edited by: deercula

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.