Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabin Names
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Mann
# Posted: 25 Jun 2014 11:07

The Hermitage

Irishguy
# Posted: 27 Jun 2014 10:24

Our's is named "Little River Ridge".

We are on the ridgeline of Lookout Mountian about 1 mile from Little River Canyon.

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 29 Jun 2014 09:49

We call ours "Mulberry Run", since that's the name of the creek that runs through it. It seemed like a good name.

Whisper
# Posted: 3 Jul 2014 14:27

Our's is, "Hobgoblin Hollow".

South360
# Posted: 3 Jul 2014 18:09

We call ours "The Barn". I have to call it that because I had to convince the wife I was building a barn and not a cabin.

countryred
# Posted: 5 Jul 2014 11:35

We call ours.Flat Rock Woods,..mostly because its the beginning of a creek named flat rock creek. Have yet to find any flat rocks though...most are square or somewhat round. Plenty of them in the Ozarks.

MountainMama
# Posted: 13 Jul 2014 15:39

The entire property is called "Mama's Mountain". Not sure what the rest will be called...cabin, pond, etc, but am certain that the names will be 'found' as time goes on.

Jim in NB
# Posted: 14 Jul 2014 06:30

My parent's camp had many names - and my Dad had made up signs that hung one under another ... Rattlesnake Ranch, Quit Your Bitching, Marg's Fart Shack, are some of the ones I remember seeing signs for. My place has several names ... MacBeth, the lake, Scuttlebum Lodge and my personal favourite My Cloud ... hard to imagine just hanging one name on a camp or cottage.

stickbowcrafter
# Posted: 14 Jul 2014 22:03

Double A Farm after my two daughters whose names both begin with "A".

-Brian

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Jul 2014 22:24

Double J Ranch

rmak
# Posted: 15 Jul 2014 09:49

Our family is tossing around names. The best one I hear so far is "Camp Flapjack". My wife, Diane, makes a mean blueberry pancake!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 15 Jul 2014 21:13

I came up with the name of Shady Acres camp, always seem fairly shady in the trees.

neb
# Posted: 15 Jul 2014 23:29

Deutsch, Snowy or Whiskey Bent are some names I thought of. North Slope is a name I have used so far. Still haven't gave it a name that fits.

deercula
# Posted: 17 Apr 2015 04:55

I bought 40 acres due south from where I live. " The South 40 " was born.

Wilbour
# Posted: 17 Apr 2015 09:53

My wife decided on

"Chickadee Wee-Tweet"

Wee because it's so small.

She is a clever woman

Wilbour
# Posted: 17 Apr 2015 18:37 - Edited by: Wilbour

Quoting: rmak
My wife, Diane, makes a mean blueberry pancake!

I always flip things around to see what's funny. Here rmak takes the time to provide the name of his wife. Now the question is "How many does he have that he has to mention her by name?"

Just messing with you rmak!

jaransont3
# Posted: 17 Apr 2015 19:35

Ours is the the Cattails Cabin...

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 18 Apr 2015 05:33

Mine is named Mulberry Run, after the name of the body of water that runs through it.

Tarmetto
# Posted: 21 Apr 2015 11:32

Our "Place" is called TarMetto Landing. Almost everybody on this small lake have named their place ***** Landing because everybody has their own boat ramp.
We live in NC (Tarheel) and our place is in SC (Palmetto)...thus "TarMetto".

OliveSheep
# Posted: 21 Apr 2015 14:02

Ours, "OliveSheep River Retreat"

Nothing to do with the actual name of the river itself, which is the "White River".

Jim in NB
# Posted: 22 Apr 2015 06:35

the bunkhouse is called ....
100_1860.JPG
100_1860.JPG

Thelar
# Posted: 23 Apr 2015 13:06

Our camp is in Northern Maine and we are from the Midwest. We call ours "Flatlanders Lodge"

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Apr 2015 17:30

I have had custom embroidered patches made, about 2.5" square, 100 of them, bought some brown baseball caps (24) wholesale for $1.25 each, will sew on the patch, add them on my ranch vest and also have 250 stickers coming too. I'm in the playing stages now.
jjranch.png
jjranch.png

tverga
# Posted: 29 Apr 2015 17:22

The wife calls it a cottage and I call it the cabin, it has now evolved to the "Cabbage"

huntingteacher
# Posted: 4 May 2015 11:08

Friends call it the "Ligaj Compound" after my last name. They find it fun to leave reviews on the internet of it. When something goes wrong (heat goes out in the middle of the night or outhouse has an odor coming from it) they will put it as one star and give a crappy review of it. I think it is on facebook or tripadvisor or something. Kinda funny long running joke.

My 5 year calls it daddys house and calls our home mommys house which gets my wife upset because she thinks he tells people that and they must think we are divorced!

UPLIBERTY
# Posted: 5 May 2015 12:06

After staying many years in 70-80 year old run down deer camps in da UP that had the word "Resort" in their name, my wife came up with "The Last Resort". I like the double meaning

jrbarnard
# Posted: 5 May 2015 15:59

We have a ton of a variety of animals.. so I told my wife we call ours "The Moose Lodge".. she is like, "we do not have any moose!"

I was like, "yea..? you just have not SEEN them yet.."

South Texas.. heh

I cannot find an inexpensive set of moose antlers or I would hang them on the front :P

R

nik870
# Posted: 6 May 2015 00:29

My daughter who is 9 named the creek little creek so when named the cabin "little creek cabin".
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cowracer
# Posted: 9 Jun 2015 14:00

Possum Hollow Bar and Grill. Possum Hollow is the road the cabin is on. Bar and grill...? Probably because we drink and eat too much when we are there.

Tim
PHBG_logo2.jpg
PHBG_logo2.jpg

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 10 Jun 2015 03:58

Tentatively, Juniper Forest. But we'll see after the cabin's actually built and I've spent some time with it.

One of the best places I've ever seen named is a small farm here in West Texas that has a sign in front that says, "Belly Acres."

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.