Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / 18x30 cabin kit
Gillis
# Posted: 2 Apr 2019 15:30

Hello I’m new to this forum . I’m in search of an 18 x 30 cabin kit with loft . The property is located in New York State . I would like to build it myself . Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Brettny
# Posted: 4 Apr 2019 08:09

If you want to build it your self why start with a kit? I could see starting with a set of plans but there also easy to draw your self.

First things first...have you talked to the local code enforcement and building inspector? You will need permits and you will want to get to know the laws before you start to build.

What part of the state?

mojo
# Posted: 4 Apr 2019 09:52 - Edited by: mojo

I'm going with a 16 x 30 kit from Jamaica Cottage Shop.....a little smaller than what you want, but they have A LOT of different kits with all sorts of dimensions and layouts.

I've customized the below plans a bit....going with a 16x30 with a Sugar Shack Cupola with transom windows and a 6 foot farmers porch off the front.

https://jamaicacottageshop.com/shop/vermont-cottage-b/

I just bought the frame and roof....will be building the structure and doing all the finishing features myself. Yeah, I could save some money buying just the plans and sourcing/cutting the wood myself, but I'd like to get this up sooner vs. later and can't take an entire summer off work to cut and assemble.

Time = Money

monkeydeck
# Posted: 16 Apr 2019 06:54

those kits look nice but are kind of pricey, I sell 14'x40' utility sheds with 8' walls and lots of options available for under 10k, thats built and delivered to your property for free in most cases, like mojo said
time=money

monkeydeck
# Posted: 16 Apr 2019 07:17

31sheds.com

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.