Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Looking for small cabin owners
campbell95
# Posted: 11 May 2019 11:54

Hi there,

I'm a journalist, writing about the tiny cabin movement. If there is anyone on this forum that is willing to share their story about their small cabin, I would be truly grateful. My e-mail is lindsay@mostofus.ca if you wish to reach out-- thanks in advance!

hilbillyjim
# Posted: 12 May 2019 14:56

I am originally from Eastern Ky. I moved to northern Ky. in 1977 for work and I raised a family there. About 4 years ago I bought some mountain property deep in the Eastern part of the state.
I have completely fell back in love with the mountain off grid lifestyle. I have built a small cabin about 3/4 the way up the mountain, I have 300 watts of solar pwr. for some lighting, I heat with wood only and get my water from a stream and catch rain water. I built an outside compost toilet and I am going to start building a open air summer kitchen soon. my plan is to completely live off the grid in retirement within the next year the way I was raised many years ago.

campbell95
# Posted: 13 May 2019 21:24

hilbillyjim

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Would you have time to chat with me some by phone some point within the next week? Looking forward to your response. Thanks again.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.