Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Happy Independence day to my fellow cabineers...
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 4 Jul 2019 23:42

And to my friendly cabineer neighbors elsewhere, ie north and around the world, have a wonderful day from your American friend.

paulz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2019 03:46 - Edited by: paulz

Thanks! Had a pretty good one, finally. Got woken at 4:30am for a truck into a house (I'm a volunteer fireman) down the street from my cabin, no serious injuries. Got back and had to get the old fire truck ready for the local parade. Then spent a couple hours on my paver project. Did the parade at noon, then the annual local flea market (got a Makita compound miter saw for $15), then a BBQ at a friend's. Went to bed early then woken up at midnight by fireworks.
0704190518_HDR.jpg
0704190518_HDR.jpg
0704191228_Burst01.j.jpg
0704191228_Burst01.j.jpg

Nobadays
# Posted: 5 Jul 2019 08:25

Spent most of the day fire wiseing.... still. Been at it for over a week. The area cabin owners, HOA, will have a picnic Saturday so we will do our 4th partying on the 6th this year! The PO liked to fish and build but from the vast number of down Aspen logs and the juniper brush right up to the cabin, he didn't consider fire wiseing a necessary task. We have pretty much cleaned everything back 100' or so but want to eventually clear the whole acre of down and dead standing trees...oh and most of the juniper as well.

Poor generator is a bit neglected these days with the solar up and running!
West side
West side

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Jul 2019 08:29

Quoting: paulz
Got back and had to get the old fire truck ready for the local parade.

Wow, old International, great shape, I
'll bet it has low miles too and always garaged.

paulz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2019 09:49

I love that truck. It was just retired earlier this year, replaced by a new F450, along with the 2016 F550 we have. I have done the maintenance on it for years, so it is now in my possession, to be used for events and parades. I have to build a carport for it before winter. Nice to have a mobile 300 gallons of water and pump around my property too.

Funny story: We had a celebration party on the ball field for the new rig, and the ceremonial transfer of water from the old truck. All went well, except at the end during cleanup, fortunately, when it refused to start and be driven off the ball field, as if to say "Retire me will you, I'll show you."

I was summoned over and soon realized it had no spark. Several years ago I replaced the points with a Pertronix electronic ignition kit. It had been flawless since and ran much nicer. Fortunately I kept the old points and condenser, and after an hour of fiddling around got it limping back to my place. I just put a new Pertronix back in it a couple of weeks ago, no idea why the old one failed. I have one on my old tractor and another one on my old truck, both work flawlessly.
IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3885.JPG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.