Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / My project of the day...
jrbarnard
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 07:46

Ok.. so.. cabin - almost dried in *check*

Stuck at home atm *check* (kiddo and I are sick)

Nothing to do but clean house *check*

Heh.. so, thinking of what to do during Thanksgiving. The cabin is not quite ready to inhabit yet, and now it gets down to "which do I do first?"

I have all the materials for doing the wood laminate flooring, and if I place that stuff down first, it goes in very easy.

I should have cabinets as well as I found an entire kitchen being remodeled on CList and got the entire kitchen plus granite countertops for $100...so we will be taking those down also.

We should have the electrical lines in, so need to wire everything, that probably needs to go in before cabinets.. heh

I thought I was busy before.. sheesh!

I also still need to try and design a septic system....fun times there...

So.. what all do YOU all have going this month on yours?;)

Russ

cabingal3
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 08:24

Quoting: jrbarnard
I should have cabinets as well as I found an entire kitchen being remodeled on CList and got the entire kitchen plus granite countertops for $100...so we will be taking those down also.

omg.that is such a good deal.wow.good for u.
will u spend thanksgiving at your cabin?we spent last xmas as our teeny tiny cabin.i cooked tiny game hens in our camp stove oven and it snowed.it was my dream to be there at xmas and snow time.this year we are just waiting for snow..so we can burn burn piles.this is on our list for praying for it to happen sometime soon.so we can get down there to the cabin.thats about all for us.waiting.have a great thanksgiving day!

jrbarnard
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 09:32

We are lucky enough to have another 12x24 cabin already on the ranch and we will be staying there until we are ready to move all the beds and such in.

I am taking a rotisserie with me and a 12lb turkey. I also plan to use my smoker as an oven to bake a pie and make sweet potato pie as well as green bean casserole (my wife loves these.. heh).

Once we know we are done with the heavy equipment, we plan to level the front out by the cabin and bring in a few trailer loads of crushed granite to make it a little nicer. Outside of this area, we have actual native grasses etc, but we tore this area up clearing for the cabin as well as someone had piled a LOT of dead cedars and I hate large piles of dead cedars so we cleaned up that area too :P

The entire family (2 kids, wife, and me) will be at the cabin for t-giving and then the kiddos will spend the last week of December with the grandparents while the wife and I spend the last week at the ranch. We should have electricity hooked up and run through the entire place by then.

Russ

cabingal3
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 13:55

Quoting: jrbarnard
We are lucky enough to have another 12x24 cabin already on the ranch and we will be staying there until we are ready to move all the beds and such in.

thats pretty dog gone grand!
we are off the grid Russ.i think your plans for the holidays sound very wonderful.
we are bringing our grandsons over for several days .it will be so wonderful to have my buddies with us.then maybe xmas at the cabin for me and the mister.
we build in spots where it is flat and no trees.but we have alot of down wood we have to burn.we can only burn at the time of the second snow.so we are waiting.i hope we dont have to hike in again this year to the cabin.one day we may get hooked up to power or maybe not.we do have a genarator out there.enjoy and it sounds like u all will.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.