Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Got my cabinets!
jrbarnard
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 22:23

Ok.. so I answered an ad on Craigslist last month and finally got down there to get them. For $100, we were allowed to remove the cabinets below AND the brand new granite counter tops. Another $150 and I was also sold the sink that was recessed and retails for over $350 bucks. That way I did not have to buy it new or reshape the granite.

It took a while as the cabinets were custom built into the house in the 70's and are solid wood, but we got them out. We will have to do a few minor fixes due to how they were nailed in instead of screws.. man were they tough to remove... heh.. but it is WELL worth it.. so.. here they are!
This is where it will all go...
This is where it will all go...
cabinets1.jpg
cabinets1.jpg
cabinets2.jpg
cabinets2.jpg
cabinets3.jpg
cabinets3.jpg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 23:21

The way they fit, they appear to be custom cabinets? Nice job!

hattie
# Posted: 27 Nov 2012 01:23

Now that's a good deal!! Congratulations!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 Nov 2012 03:35

wow.looks wonderful... u sure got a grand deal.i love craigs list!

jrbarnard
# Posted: 27 Nov 2012 05:55

Oh they are custom. They came apart in sections, not as individual units that were placed together. We had a few breaks due to that, but nothing a little extra wood etc will not fix. The sink area was the hardest. They must have had a water leak at some point and covered it up, so we will replace the bottom wood on that one, but no more than $30 worth of repairs total and they will be good as new.

THIS time, however, they are getting screwed in, not nailed.. sheesh!

R

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.