Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin door - ideas on paint color
In the Hollow
# Posted: 23 Apr 2014 13:35 - Edited by: In the Hollow

Wondering if anyone has any ideas. I like the brownish red color or green maybe.
Cabin_painted_004.jp.jpg
Cabin_painted_004.jp.jpg
stainedcabindispla.jpg
stainedcabindispla.jpg
tinycabin1600x517.jpg
tinycabin1600x517.jpg

Kudzu
# Posted: 23 Apr 2014 16:38

fire engine red

bldginsp
# Posted: 23 Apr 2014 23:45

From a practical perspective, if the sun hits the door, a dark color will cause the door to absorb a lot more heat to the extent of damaging the door. In this case a light color is essential for the longevity of the wood joinery. But when aesthetics and pragmatism conflict, aesthetics usually win out, immediately. On the long term though, reality sets in.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 25 Apr 2014 08:57 - Edited by: TheCabinCalls

I assume your cabin is the first one pictured. I would add a third accent color. Pick a red color that exists in the land around you. We have burnt red trim and when for the dark green door. The other color that would look nice with the green, but isn't everyone's cup of tea is an eggplant (brown/purple) color. But I would go with a earthy red.

See attached color charts...pick one that feels like your cabin.
Color Chart
Color Chart
Basic Color Chart w/ Accents
Basic Color Chart w/ Accents

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Apr 2014 09:34

i love the sort of swampy green.

In the Hollow
# Posted: 1 May 2014 12:43

Thank you for all your input. Some good ideas here.
TCC, yes the first one is my cabin, although I do now have an addition to the left. As soon as I can I will post. I think I might go with the color of the door far right. Sort of a brownish red.

nik870
# Posted: 8 May 2014 22:01

We used an old door off the house and painted green
image.jpg
image.jpg

spencerin
# Posted: 9 May 2014 02:14

The color scheme I have is almost identical to your 3rd pic's.....you won't go wrong with it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.