Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Table saw
MO Cabin
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 21:02

I needed some big cabinet (since i did not plan enough storage space during my initial planning) and since it was going to cost me a couple of hundred bucks to get the premade kind, i decided to buy a table saw and make my own cabinets. I am looking forward to building the cabinet, but I am loking for suggestions on other nifty things i can build with my new toy.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 21:10

The sky is the limited. I mass produced loads of birdhouses at first. I got it all out of my system and have settled down a bit.

morock
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 21:23

It is the most used tool at my project, from cabinets, window trim, interior/exterior siding and a custom shower enclosure. A dato set will expand the use even more.

MO Cabin
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 21:41

Do you have a pic of the shower enclosure, i have that project lined up as well,

morock
# Posted: 30 Sep 2014 19:33

Sorry MO the shower stall is still in pieces. I'll tell ya what I did though. Put a half lap on both sides of some 3" white cedar planks and applied three coats of spar varnish. Plan to install it this winter as I snow shoe in to the cabin. Like to keep a project or two like this for when I'm in hand tool mode.

Scott G
# Posted: 2 Oct 2014 14:44

I use mine all the time, not only as a saw but the big cast table comes in handy.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 2 Oct 2014 15:12

I'm a big fan of making small custom wooden boxes with the tablesaw. By using careful setups, you get exactly the same dimensions for the box pieces, and they glue together perfectly, no gaps. I even made a box for our dog's food, with a nice tight lid. I'm constantly watching for good scraps of wood that can be recycled this way.

Youtube probably has a number of examples.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 2 Oct 2014 20:37

With a few simple jigs you can make a table saw even more versatile. It is a great tool and can accomplish so much!

don62
# Posted: 12 Oct 2014 20:13

Another great tool for cabinets is a kreg jig. Almost a must have..

MO Cabin
# Posted: 13 Oct 2014 19:40

I have the kreg jig, just have not got around to using it yet. My first build is a 2x4 butcher block table that will be a spot for my chop saw router and the table saw. When it is done i will put up pics.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.