Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Flooring
<< . 1 . 2 .
22hemi13
# Posted: 21 Nov 2014 07:47

I'm going to paint the pipes with a galvanized rustic spray paint to finish it off. And don't look at this e dirty dishes haha

Snuffy
# Posted: 21 Nov 2014 07:49

22hemi13, I noticed in your counter pic that you have a tin ceiling. It appears to be roofing panels? Just wondering about the noise level in a cabin. I recently ate lunch in a cafe that used the same for a ceiling and it was one of the loudest places I've ever eaten lunch. I think the ceiling was reflecting everything back into the dining room. Do you experience the same. Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious.

beachman
# Posted: 21 Nov 2014 08:27

I agree with ColdFlame and the others about the vinyl glue strips. They are bomb-proof as we have used this in our office entrance and coffee room and it looks as good as they day they put it down. I installed laminate in our basement and everytime it gets wet - boots, cat puke, dog s***, etc..., it bubbles up a bit and separates layers - very bad!

22hemi13
# Posted: 21 Nov 2014 09:44

Snuffy: I don't have much noise inside. I have 3/8" foam board then taped all seams. Then I installed my tin ceiling. No insulation in attic yet. I use a small electric radiant heater and it stays nice and toasty. The only problem I've noticed is when ceiling fan is on and the light is on the light show gives me an awful headache. But I have two lights so just open blinds and run ceiling fan if need be.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 22 Feb 2015 00:29

That's nice.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.