Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Paneling or drywall?
<< . 1 . 2 .
KinAlberta
# Posted: 13 Mar 2018 20:53

Burlap:

Pacific Heights Attelier by Antonio Martins Interior Design

http://www.antoniomartins.com/work/pacific-heights-attelier/

paulz
# Posted: 14 Mar 2018 12:00

Looks pretty good to me, with the added benefit of mounting your dart board right on it!

smallcabin
# Posted: 15 Mar 2018 16:35

T&G throughout interior for mine. Drywall just doesn't go well with a "CABIN", IMO.

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 16 Mar 2018 11:54

What's the fire rating on burlap??

Love that look though, wow!

wvcookieman
# Posted: 17 Mar 2018 13:08

I agree with the thought that if its a house/home use drywall, cabin use wood.
Cabin Loft 24x10 area
Cabin Loft 24x10 area
Cabin front room 24x14 area
Cabin front room 24x14 area
Cabin front wall Go EERS!!
Cabin front wall Go EERS!!

beachman
# Posted: 17 Mar 2018 13:51

Used t&g pine on our cathedral ceiling and 4x8 fake t&g paneling on all the walls. Painted the paneling and after 4 years of severe cold, damp, etc- no problems. It makes the place bright which is what we wanted. But, what one loves, the other might hate. All in personal taste I guess. You have to be a bit careful installing the panels or they can warp.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 17 Mar 2018 20:01

Quoting: Jabberwocky
What's the fire rating on burlap??

Love that look though, wow!

Paint it with fireproof paint. Painted burlap can actually look great.

Nailing kiln dried kindling to the walls and ceiling and floor, isn’t such a great idea either but I love wood.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 17 Mar 2018 20:10 - Edited by: KinAlberta

Quoting: beachman
Used t&g pine on our cathedral ceiling and 4x8 fake t&g paneling on all the walls. Painted the paneling and after 4 years of severe cold, damp, etc- no problems. It makes the place bright which is what we wanted. But, what one loves, the other might hate. All in personal taste I guess. You have to be a bit careful installing the panels or they can warp.

I saw a cousin’s old 1960s basement where they’d painted the fake wood 4x8 panels and they looked amazing. As if they were real wood boards painted an off white. Perfect for a cabin or cottage look.

So I helped a friend paint his and at first couldn’t figure out why it was only looking mediocre. Then I realized that my cousin’s great looking 4x8 panels had a textured woodgrain style. The flat finish panels with notches just ended up looking like painted 4x8 panels. Still, a lot better than the original look.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.