Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Siding ideas - SE Texas
PolkCoAg
# Posted: 8 Feb 2016 13:42 - Edited by: PolkCoAg

I am in the process of planning a 8x16 cabin in SE Texas. I was originally looking at metal siding, but I am considering Hardipanel 4'x8' sheets. I was wanting some experienced opinions on the two choices, or another one I might want to consider that are reasonable in price.

Durk
# Posted: 17 Feb 2016 19:35

I'd like some opinions on fiber cement HardiePanel siding also. A lot of people seem to like the cement planks.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 20 Feb 2016 00:21 - Edited by: KinAlberta

We had a small commercial building refaced last year with 4x8 hardipanels. It's impressive stuff. However the panels and the metal trim added up to quite a sum and the colour we'd approved, was later replaced with a much darker colour which I was trying to avoid due to the building's north facing orientation.

We also had really heavy duty extruded aluminum 'tongue and grove' planks installed. It's covered with a fake wood grain ('70s station wagon like stuff) but still looks nice. MacTac is back! I'd love to redo our cabin with that stuff, but not so sure about the fake wood grain covering.

I think this may have been the source:

http://longboardsuppliers.com

Or this..
http://www.xtremetrim.com

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 20 Feb 2016 07:43

my big red barn at my home~~white metal roof /red sides and a conc floor/ ...have done nothing to it since I built it 12 years ago

my cabin ~~Hemlock board and batten ~~my favorite look for cabin /camps etc. a CLASSIC look!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.