Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / floor plan layout (to put the space heater)
t_bell40
# Posted: 20 Sep 2017 10:21

Hi, All. I am wondering what anybody thinks about where to put the space heater for my cabin. I am thinking that I am going to put the heater on one side of the cabin (west side of cabin with the vent pipe rising on that side) and my gas stove on the opposite side of the cabin. ?? The cabin is 12ft by 26ft. Or do most people put the heater and the gas stove side by side. ?? I am thinking with them separate I would have to separate supplies and that way if the heater ran out of lp the stove would still work and vice versa. What say ye all ???

ICC
# Posted: 20 Sep 2017 14:26

If you are using portable propane cylinders why not use oneof those RV regulators with the automatic changeover from the empty tank to the full one? Then put the appliances on the same wall to make only one run necessary.

rockies
# Posted: 20 Sep 2017 18:17

How many rooms are there? Loft, ceiling height, roof style? Is there a wood stove as well? Bear in mind that the propane tanks will be outside in a ventilated box so easy access to that is important. I would probably use two tanks (one for each unit) so that you don't use up most of the propane on one and then not have enough for the other when that is on (you'll also get a better idea of how much propane each unit is actually using).

What make of stove and heater are you using?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.