Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Beginner cordless kit
<< . 1 . 2 .
FishHog
# Posted: 8 May 2018 16:16

Quoting: Borrego
I don't like the gas chainsaw that I have, mainly because I don't use a chainsaw that much, once or twice a year, and the gas model always has problems starting up, just a PITA every time..

Start with fresh gas, or buy the small cans of premix stabilized fuel. For the amount you use a couple times a year it will be worth it. I have one saw I use once or twice a year. Treated right, it starts in one or two pulls every time. Leave old fuel in it and its a different story.

ICC
# Posted: 8 May 2018 17:43

Agree. Anyone using a small gas engine irregularly should buy the special fuel in a can. Sure it is expensive, but a trip to the service center costs a lot more. For the last three or so years I use a chain saw much less than I used to. Maybe only twice a year. My saw starts every time I go to use it. The quarts are very convenient and most every home supply store sells them now. A quart goes a long ways and being premixed you don't have that to bother with either.

ICC
# Posted: 8 May 2018 17:46

However, the newest bunch of lithium battery powered Stihl are amazing too. I forget the voltage on those, they are much higher than an ordinary drill kit. I saw one at the Stihl dealer a while back when he had a demo weekend. It cuts well. Quieter than gas too.

Borrego
# Posted: 8 May 2018 19:19

Quoting: FishHog
Start with fresh gas, or buy the small cans of premix stabilized fuel. For the amount you use a couple times a year it will be worth it.

I have figured this out with advice from a repairman, and it does help.....
Thanks...

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 13 May 2018 20:42 - Edited by: ChuckDynasty

I use PRI-G gas treatment. I store a minimum of 50 gallons of regular gas for up to 3 years. You can retreat after 3 years and store longer but I rotate it out instead. Shelf life of the PRI-G itself is 3 years after opening.

I use the treated gas in all my machines.

Just bought a new 16oz bottle for $19.00 shipped. Treats 256 gallons of gasoline.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.