Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Interior stain issue
Srollins
# Posted: 17 Oct 2018 13:55

Hi All,

So i'm using 1x8 pine T&G for my roof they will be exposed , stained a bunch and installed no issues. Went and got another load of boards all went well just like the last batch until I ran out of stain, went to Home depot and got another gallon sat in truck for a few days temps were around 40 opened the gallon and started to use the stain and the stain appeared to be thicker then the last gallon so much that it takes alot more elbow grease to wipe it down, the next morning it dried just fine the color is matched perfectly so I just dont understand why the stain is thicker and a little more difficult to work with?

fiftyfifty
# Posted: 17 Oct 2018 20:05

Oil or water based?

ICC
# Posted: 17 Oct 2018 20:29

Quoting: fiftyfifty
Oil or water based?

Good question. I really dislike water based stains as the ones I have used all seem to require more energy to apply and to wipe down than oil based stains. Was the first one oil and the second water based? Seems to me I have seen the same colrs available in both types.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.