Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin construction
Pam mooney
# Posted: 16 Dec 2018 18:36

New to site. Trying to find info on how to build the 24x24 stoney style cabin.modern log home. Thanks.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Dec 2018 19:08 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Pam, log homes isnt best for beginners. If its a log home, look for a log home building class. The LHBA or log home builders association is a great place to start. I took a local class put on by a graduate of the log home builders association, it was condensed and all done in one day, but it was a very long day. Great info. Lots of man hours, prepping the logs. They use the butt/pass method which makes the process go much easier.

Here is the info: https://www.buildloghomes.org/ and when you start, record all the steps and do post pictures of your build from the beginning to finished product. Good luck, I have always loved log homes.

Tonerboy
# Posted: 17 Dec 2018 13:47

Here's his email addy, braker1@bellsouth.net

Old and Slow
# Posted: 17 Dec 2018 18:09

Pam

Everything has its difficulties, but the Stoney style log cabin appears rather easy. Use the search feature to find a post by "Stoney" 10 Oct 2010 and follow. I think he sold a book at one time and may still.

The LHBA is a true log home starting with cutting trees. While the claims the walls do not shrink are likely true, the logs will shrink as they dry which brings up other problems.

I've personally used milled logs to build a small 12 X 16. It was easy with some lifting required. I am looking at a larger structure this year.

Bob

Pam mooney
# Posted: 17 Dec 2018 20:48

Thanks everyone, I believe this forum can help in slot of ways. I'm new to site, but not new to constructing.my husband and I built the house we are in, but are looking to do another. Liked the look, style, and cost effective of the home from stoney.will check more into the past post.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.