Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / 24x24 Homesteaders Cabin
eligh
# Posted: 17 Apr 2019 07:51 - Edited by: eligh

Hi.

I stumbled across this form researching ways to build an off grid cabin on my land in far north east Texas.
I found the 12x24 Homesteaders plans by Janzen but I wanted my cabin to be 24x24 and single level (no loft) with a simple slant roof (not grambel)

My question is I take it I could simply put two of these 12x24 foundations together to make a 24x24 but there should be a way where I could utilize the middle row of piers to at least cut those out, right? So instead of four rows of piers I'd only have three.

I plan on sitting my cabin on CMU as my neighbors have their houses sitting on them with no problem. They sit one or two blocks below the surface and then they sit 2 or 3 blocks above the surface. I may go 3 or 4 blocks high.

Thoughts???

Brettny
# Posted: 18 Apr 2019 13:10

You should really be asking the town/county building department this. If you need engineered plans i doubt you can stick two together and still comply.

If you dont need engineered plans why not just draw them up your self? Im in the process of drawing up a 20x28. I started with pencil and paper then moved to an App.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.