Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Spraystone usa & stonecoat blown stone- stone elements
Blaze
# Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:38

Hi,

Just wanted to bring to light a couple products that people who have cabibs might find use for, the first being spraystone usa, its an acrylic based coating that adds the look of stone, I have samples of it on different substrates, foam and wood, but it works on concrete as well.

The second is Stonecoat, its a blown stone lime product that can be carved while in the soft state. Im not certain of the ingredients other than hydrated lime and its expensive, but im working on making my own formula tests with a lime and modified thinset mixture that could yield positive results.

Both these products can add a stone feature inside and out as well as protection for surfaces that see a lot of moisture and may need it.

My hopes, due to the expense of stonecoat, is to develop a better and cheaper formula that can be sprayed with a mortar sprayer and compressor to add stone elements to wood structures.

I really enjoy the wood, stone and steel combo when it comes to rustic cabins.

If people are interested Ill document the process of making and testing a viable blown stone alternative that the common man can make from big box store supplies. I have a menards available which I love compared to lowes and home depot. Menards also has a better selection of materials I would use to develop this mixture.

Stonecoat is out of texas and is quite expensive and they hold their formula close to the chest but I think I can make a better one that is cheaper. Check out the pictures of these products and you can see where Im going with it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.