Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Ventilation
RBB
# Posted: 15 Nov 2019 13:49

I have a 10 x 20 portable building with a barn style roof. I am going to insulate and finish the inside with power and water. It will be used as a place that I can process honey from my bee hives so it needs to be tight. It will have heating and cooling. I am looking for ideas on how to ventilate the roof. It is a metal roof on plywood sheathing with no soffit. Any ideas?

Brettny
# Posted: 15 Nov 2019 15:29

Post pictures.

RBB
# Posted: 15 Nov 2019 22:26

[img=null]A[/img]

razmichael
# Posted: 16 Nov 2019 08:09

I'm sure there will be some good suggestions from others but, if the budget allows it, you might consider spray foaming the underside (hot roof). Given you have no soffit, this will provide the vapor barrier, great insulation and even add structure to the roof. You might find the cost is not as high as you expect and could also spray foam more or all the rest of the building given the size.

RBB
# Posted: 16 Nov 2019 10:03

I am having a little trouble posting pictures... Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking I might have to do something like this since I have no air flow under the roof.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.