Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Self-powering Generator?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
lisa
# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 13:27

If you gear the pulley up you will have a lossof amps to run the motor or prime mover. The motor will not spin.

COTTON PICKER
# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 15:43

It is amusing to read how people struggle to achieve"Perpetual motion".

Their end goal is to tap into & make use of any "Excess" energy produced.

There will never be any EXCESS energy!!

There will always be LESS energy output than input.

BECAUSE OF A COMBINATION OF;

A. Friction (increased by gravity)
B. Inertia
C. Wind resistance (Only not applicable in a vacuum)

I now relax & wait for the "BRAINS" to pick my theory apart!! LOL

COTTON PICKER

COTTON PICKER
# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 15:44

I meant AIR resistance.

larry
# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 21:34

Quoting: MtnDon
200 MPG in a Ford Excursion

bahahah...no thanks but I'll take the unicorn. Don i do enjoy your witticisms. you are as funny as you are wise.

Cotton Picker
# Posted: 17 Aug 2012 16:48

Power/energy does not increase/multiply like bunny rabbits.

You cannot get more energy OUT than you put IN!!

Actually, you get LESS power out than you put in because of friction, inertia, gravity & air resistance.

This has been a dream of Mankind throughoutthe ages & if it COULD be done it would ALREADY have been done.

It is a nice dream, but ONLY a dream!!!!

COTTON PICKER

Sustianusfarm
# Posted: 18 Aug 2012 21:38

Negative Nelly...Negative Nelly...

cowboyyoung
# Posted: 20 Sep 2012 04:30

like myself i am on this same quest but not telling what ive come up with.. just know that archimedes came up with this idea hundreds of years ago and still no one has figured it out.. but he also came up with the idea of a flying machine we now call it the helocopter.. it just takes time nothing is impossible

cowboyyoung
# Posted: 20 Sep 2012 04:33

Cotton Picker- nasa can send rockets to other planets but cant tell you how a bumble bee defys physics.. dreams can come true

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 16:24

Ummmm perpetual power is absolutely impossible. Was I the only one paying attention in physics class?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 19:38

You, like all of us, were taught what they wanted us to learn! Who actually wrote those school books?? Just sayin' ....where are all the inventors these days that are really inventing things that are truely useful?? We are stunted by what is taught in school these days...we will never see another Einstein if schools keep stunting our kids brains....

MtnDon
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 20:43

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
....where are all the inventors these days that are really inventing things that are truely useful??

Not everything is earthshaking. But for truly useful several things come to mind. Some of simply improvements on older ideas that had limitations in the past for many varied reasons... Some are probably viewed as a curse.

Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
DNA testing and sequencing
Fiber Optics
Non-invasive laser and robotic surgery (laparoscopy)
Photovoltaic Solar Energy
Bar codes and scanners
Cell phones
GPS
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Home smoke detector
Cordless drill and other tools
CD / DVD / BluRay
Satellite TV and communications
the Silicone chip
TV remote control (& other remote controls)
LCD & Plasma screens
EZPass
Doppler radar
Bluetooth
CNC - Computer numeric control machining / manufacturing
Home audio & video editing, camcorders, digital imaging

Lots of brilliant things from many brilliant minds. There does not seem to be a shortage of brilliant minds as I look back through the past years I have lived.

But there is still no free lunch. IMO.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 21:05

My point is that we now are at the same point as say someone like Laura Ingalls Wilder was in the late 1800's....she could not even remotely imagine what we have today, just like we cannot even remotly imagine what will be in 100 more yrs....but little free thinking forums and threads like this is what makes those things happen by sharing ideas and experimenting.....I just hate when others say "it can't be done"! I can...we just dont know how to do it yet!

Rossman
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 22:58

Quoting: cowboyyoung
Cotton Picker- nasa can send rockets to other planets but cant tell you how a bumble bee defys physics.. dreams can come true

Actually we do know how bees fly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1178849/Secret-bumblebee-flight-reveal ed-Insects-defy-gravity-brute-force.html

There's surprisingly little of interest that we haven't figured out.

Cotton Picker is 100% correct here, this idea is crazy and will most certainly not work.

Anonymous
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 07:16

I would normally not speak so negatively but there are some really silly ideas written down here. The one that I find the most ignorant is that the law of conservation of mass-energy is a conspiracy theory. It is a scientific principal. No it is not some wild crazy consipracy theory "they" want you to believe. Who is they? Please inform me how "they" understand the complexity of the statement "energy/mass can not be created nor destroyed" and then chose to hide it? this is not a new statement, this is not something you just thought of, this is not some miracle dream that no other person ever wondered about. It is proven through math and backed time and again with real world experiments. Do you think "they" would give a rats ass about oil if "they" could make power endlessly for free? Why would anyone spend money to purchase land, explority drilling, actual drilling, transportation of raw crude, refining it, transporting it again, being taxed on it, and all the man power involved nevermind the environmental cost (in actual dollars as a variety of taxes) every step of the way? How idiotic would a multinational multibillion dollar energy giant need to be to think all the costs getting raw material from the ground to your car in a useable form is somehow better than getting a warehouse and cutting a deal with another multibillion dollar car manufacture?
If perpetual motion was even close to viable the car companies would be bidding to "please please please let me build the electric car first" simply because not a single person out there would ever buy a car that they had to fill up at the pump again. Nevermind the other companies that would be under cut immediately by this new free energy. Do you realize a company could charge 1 cent per kilowatt hour and have all of north america (not just the US) sign on for 10 yr contracts and pay up front. This is the business world, a product that could have this kind of savings to production would simply undercut the competition. we would have a single power company within a month and they would be richer than everyone else on the planet while providing us all something we crave cheaper than we currently pay.

you want to see an example of this. It's simple and mildly entertaining watch the movie american gangster. The quote is "Who can afford to sell shit twice as good for half as much?

Well the answer is the guy that makes perpetual motion a reality. However until there is another revolution that proves our current physics and understanding of these things wrong it's not going to happen.
Being that there is so much money invested you better believe its not going to be the 9-5er with a hobby shop and 50 bucks to his name that finds an answer.

It really doesn't matter what you think about a gas motor vs electric or gearing up the only thing you really need to focus on is x power is required to turn the motor. the motor will require a percentage of x to actually work and turn a crank. obviously since only x is going in and some is used there can't possibly be x coming out nevermind x+

So to put this in a short form:
it is called a Law because it is proven. the world being flat in columbus's day was not a law because it was not proven. when they tried to prove it they found out earth was round. The only chance perpetual motion will ever exist is IF there is a major scientific break that disproves already proven laws of science. And no scientists and researchers dont write law willy nilly, they actually put a great deal of pain staking effort in before the community as a whole will consider something to be considered a scientific law.

Stop being silly!!!!!!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 14:12

Quoting: Anonymous
Why would anyone spend money to purchase land, explority drilling, actual drilling, transportation of raw crude, refining it, transporting it again, being taxed on it, and all the man power involved nevermind the environmental cost (in actual dollars as a variety of taxes) every step of the way? How idiotic would a multinational multibillion dollar energy giant need to be to think all the costs getting raw material from the ground to your car in a useable form is somehow better than getting a warehouse and cutting a deal with another multibillion dollar car manufacture?

They WOULD cut a deal after they had control of BOTH sides of that deal too.

Currently the energy is in the ground, they can dig it out and you can't. Leaving it in the ground is like leaving money on the table, it's not very likely that a large corporation would do that. AFTER there's no more in the ground, they will move to other energies, provided they have control of it. It's not some mythical villain, it's just the way of the world. Supply and demand, and do your best to control both. They also have pretty good control of hydropower, natural gas, nuclear, wind farms.

What they don't have control of is energy from the sun, consequently they spend a lot of marketing $$ discrediting solar, trying to prevent people from seeing Solar as a good option,,,,, or heaven forbid, investing in it, or even feeding it. They have been successful to increase the tax on imported panels, which makes it less feasible for regular folks to gather their own energy. Talk radio runs a lot of marketing against solar - I doubt that marketing is done for free.

Government can protect us from this at some level, putting money towards alternative energy generation, and research, and helping forms of non-monopolized energies to have access to the market. This is a responsible use of government. Of course energy companies then have to discredit the government intentions. And there we are.

Anonymous
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 18:50

I have no doubt that "they" try to discredit alternate sources of energy which don't gain them any profits, just the same as people try to claim that their product is the best. That I chalk up to being an advertising campaign. But thats not whats being asked or discussed here. The OP made no claim that solar was going to change the world and that big business was covering it up and trying to keep it from the masses. The claim was that perpetual motion could be created.

free energy
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 01:14

I believe this system will work but you would need more than 1 generator to supply extra power for what ever you need to run. I have developed a Hydraulic powered generator that is self powered similar to electric motors, The difference is that there is a lot more torque and control with fluid power, and the power generated is not being used to power the motor. The system consists of: 1 12v battery, 1 car alternator, 1 DC hydraulic pump, 1 hydraulic motor, 1 hydraulic gear pump, 1 sump/tank, hydraulic flow control valve, 1 5000w generator, and pullys. Once you use the DC pump to start the flow to the motor the gear pump will start rotating and will be able to power the motor so turn off the DC pump and close the valve. the system will continuously run by its self and you can adjust the speed of the motor with the flow control valve. You can run the pump and motor for a very long time before the flud gets too warm, you can also add fluid coolers almost like a rad for a car for extended use There is also many different viscosity's of fluid for different temperatures. The alternator only charges the battery which is also DC energy that you could use to power something along with the 5,000W of AC power generated. If you would require more power than this you could add an extra line for an extra motor and run 5 - 10 more generators depending on how big you want the system to be.

sparky1
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:14

what Happens when you apply 5000.Watt Load to the generator.

MtnDon
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:00

free energy, show us the goods. No talk about how wonderful it is, just show us and the world Proof. Put up or shut up as they say.

Rossman
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 12:18

Yeah exactly MtnDon.

Quoting: free energy
the system will continuously run by its self

That is simply not possible.

razmichael
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 12:56

Quoting: MtnDon
free energy, show us the goods. No talk about how wonderful it is, just show us and the world Proof. Put up or shut up as they sa

Exactly!

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 19:04

Watch Yukon Men. One guy used a hose from a fast creek spinning a turbine on his generator. Powered his cabin.

Rossman
# Posted: 20 Jan 2013 21:26

That's just hydro power not "free energy".

Hornsby
# Posted: 25 Jan 2013 03:18

Here is a link I found to to a company doing exactly what your explaining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv53K9MnDuM

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 18:22

what about focused energy
like in creasing electrical speed

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 18:37

what

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 19:58

useing magnet to make a metle go in circles to make energy

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 21:53

This thread is hilarious!

And really disturbing - it is likely that some of these folks vote, and even procreate.

Now where are those plans for the anti-gravity boots?

igor

Rossman
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 23:01

Quoting: Anonymous
useing magnet to make a metle go in circles to make energy

A simple & quick google search shows why this particular idea is a pipe dream:

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/04/28/the-lure-of-perpetual-motion/

I mean people just do a search first....I'm going to break some news to you that maybe no-one ever told you before - you aren't the first people in human history to think of these things.

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 23:12

It makes me glad and sad every time this thread is resurrected. Glad, as I usually get a good laugh and sad, as it really is sad that so many are convinced they are inventing the wheel for the first time.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.